PDA

View Full Version : DD detail question

joeyp3021
06-08-2013, 10:54 AM
I plan on detailing my wife DD this month.. the exterior is in good shape just some minor swirls but between her and my 3yr old the interior is a mess...Since I can only do the car on weekends is it bad to stretch it out over two weekends...My plan is one day just do interior then the next day I would wash, iron x, clay, pretty much get it totally prepped then the next weekend start by giving it another wash then proceed with the polishing, waxing and all the other stuff...Is this ok to do or am I better off trying to get it all done in one weekend

Flash Gordon
06-08-2013, 12:04 PM
I plan on detailing my wife DD this month.. the exterior is in good shape just some minor swirls but between her and my 3yr old the interior is a mess...Since I can only do the car on weekends is it bad to stretch it out over two weekends...My plan is one day just do interior then the next day I would wash, iron x, clay, pretty much get it totally prepped then the next weekend start by giving it another wash then proceed with the polishing, waxing and all the other stuff...Is this ok to do or am I better off trying to get it all done in one weekend

You have a good plan. Just make sure the paint is clean (washed/clayed) before commencing to polish

:buffing:

S4dad
06-08-2013, 01:23 PM
I personally wouldn't put so much into the exterior until the following weekend that you plan to polish, just a quick wash this weekend. DD duties over the course of the week essentially recoat the car in all the crap you removed with the iron-X and claying you did to prep the finish for polishing (albeit not to a great extent). But if you don't have time to do the paint prep and polishing the next weekend, just make sure you clean the paint well and you'll probably be okay if not as ideal as doing it all in the same day/weekend.

Cheers,
-Russ

Flash Gordon
06-08-2013, 03:57 PM
I personally wouldn't put so much into the exterior until the following weekend that you plan to polish, just a quick wash this weekend. DD duties over the course of the week essentially recoat the car in all the crap you removed with the iron-X and claying you did to prep the finish for polishing (albeit not to a great extent). But if you don't have time to do the paint prep and polishing the next weekend, just make sure you clean the paint well and you'll probably be okay if not as ideal as doing it all in the same day/weekend.

Cheers,
-Russ

:iagree:

I wouldn't even bother with the interior at all! Just get your windows tinted and no one will ever see the interior ;)

As long as the exterior looks good that's all that really matters :cruisin:

hernandez.art13
06-08-2013, 04:28 PM
:iagree:

I wouldn't even bother with the interior at all! Just get your windows tinted and no one will ever see the interior ;)

As long as the exterior looks good that's all that really matters :cruisin:

Hahaha i have limo tint.

As a passionate detailer, I swear my interior is always spot less (pinky promise) haha :P

joeyp3021
06-08-2013, 05:18 PM
The interior is worse then the exterior. I swear my wife thinks the cup holders are mini garbage cans...I got the interior pretty much done and its suppose to be a nice day tomorrow so I'm gonna get up real early and get it all done

Flash Gordon
06-08-2013, 05:25 PM
The interior is worse then the exterior. I swear my wife thinks the cup holders are mini garbage cans...I got the interior pretty much done and its suppose to be a nice day tomorrow so I'm gonna get up real early and get it all done

Sounds like a good plan. Now you'll have next weekend off!

theblob640
06-08-2013, 07:09 PM
There is nothing wrong with splitting the interior and exterior. As a hobbyist, I do it all the time. Whether it be Saturday interior then Sunday exterior or vice versa, you really aren't on a tight schedule to make money as most people here who have businesses do. Also, like your plan, one weekend it will be interior, then the next weekend will be exterior.