PDA

View Full Version : Meg's Clay any good??

Alex Haramic
06-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Just wondering if Meg's clay bar any good opinions?? On different clay bars

DARK HORSE
06-07-2013, 11:23 AM
Just wondering if Meg's clay bar any good opinions?? On different clay bars

I've used MANY clays, including Riccardo yellow, blue, etc. And Megs white is one of my favorites...:dblthumb2:

mg6045
06-07-2013, 11:31 AM
megs blue from the mirror glaze line is one of the besr imo.. that and clay magic blue.

andrew8729
06-07-2013, 12:05 PM
I have a local companies clay that ive used, and its the best ive used, had to pick up some clay in a pinch and used megs white its soft and easy to mold, works well but has a tough time on certain areas my go to clay picks up with ease. (both are light to mild clays), but deffinetly gets the job done imo.

erichaley
06-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Try out something that comes in an air-tight container, such as Griot's Garage Paint Cleaning Clay (you can buy it here or at your local Advance Auto Parts). If you don't like it, you can always buy the Meguiar's and you'll have a nice container to store it in! Seriously though, the Meguiar's clay works well. I have some and have no complaints with it other than the container (I think all clay should come in some sort of resealable container - Ziplocs just don't cut it). Once my Griot's clay wears out, which I really only bought because of the container - and because it was local, I'll finish using up the Megs and then probably try something else just to see how I like it.

CrayBrown
06-07-2013, 12:46 PM
I picked up a megs clay kit about 2 years ago and I still have my mine and use it regularly. I like it. It does a great job.

4ord
06-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Try out something that comes in an air-tight container, such as Griot's Garage Paint Cleaning Clay (you can buy it here or at your local Advance Auto Parts). If you don't like it, you can always buy the Meguiar's and you'll have a nice container to store it in! Seriously though, the Meguiar's clay works well. I have some and have no complaints with it other than the container (I think all clay should come in some sort of resealable container - Ziplocs just don't cut it). Once my Griot's clay wears out, which I really only bought because of the container - and because it was local, I'll finish using up the Megs and then probably try something else just to see how I like it.

I like the griots claybar. Great for light contaminate removal, and it's superior to the Meg's clay kit they sell in big box stores.

erichaley
06-07-2013, 01:49 PM
I like the griots claybar. Great for light contaminate removal, and it's superior to the Meg's clay kit they sell in big box stores.

I agree completely! You also get more clay too (226 grams vs 160 grams). The clay itself is $20 (retail), but their kit with 35oz of Speed Shine is $30. The Meguiar's kit is $20 with 16oz of spray detailer and one (in my opinion) pretty crappy microfiber towel. In value alone, the GG kit is a better buy even though it's $10 more. Although I prefer buying from AG, if you have an Advance Auto Parts nearby, they run 40% off coupons pretty much all the time and most of them started carrying a limited number of Griot's products. I picked up their other clay kit ($40 retail) which adds three of their great but lint-prone Speed Shine microfiber towels and some gloves (which I haven't used) for $24. At that price it's a no-brainer... (sorry AG!!)

Alex Haramic
06-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Hey thanks for all the advise just going have to try it out this weekend :D!!

polycat33
06-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Can you reuse clay bars, or should you just use it once and toss it cause it gets full of the junk you pulled out of the paint?

dorkiedoode
06-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Can you reuse clay bars, or should you just use it once and toss it cause it gets full of the junk you pulled out of the paint?

You could reuse it as long as it fold out clean.