06-06-2013, 09:45 PM
My lady saw my speedy prep towel. She said "dang rag"

I said " No careful that rag cost $50 dollars!"

(Big mistake) 😢
Haha 😂

Anybody else have stories?

Flash Gordon
06-06-2013, 10:13 PM
I am very fortunate my lady doesn't give me grief over the money I invest in my business

Can you tell me the meaning of those squares? I have ppl text me that use those and I have no idea what their meaning is :o

hernandez.art13
06-06-2013, 10:31 PM
I think it is because I use my Iphone, you see the squares.

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/ScreamKingArt/C43165F6-4167-4A55-B416-22A14BB94647-338-000000448198B67B_zps687d87b9.jpg

^ This is what I see

Pureshine
06-06-2013, 10:34 PM
My wife never goes in the shop ever lol.

Flash Gordon
06-06-2013, 10:44 PM
I think it is because I use my Iphone, you see the squares.

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w506/ScreamKingArt/C43165F6-4167-4A55-B416-22A14BB94647-338-000000448198B67B_zps687d87b9.jpg

^ This is what I see

Hmmm, well that blows. Looks like I leave my customers in tears

:p

cardaddy
06-06-2013, 11:16 PM
Yeah well... my wife CAN'T STAND to touch my microfiber towels. So... the more I get, the less she can stand to touch them, so she never even bothers to look! :laughing:

jgg85234
06-06-2013, 11:20 PM
When you see the blank square boxes, it means something in the content failed to translate to the device.

When you see the box with the red X, it means a picture failed to load.

In the cases above, they are the "smilies". I think there's a different set between the mobile interface and the computer interface, and there's nothing in the software to alter the set for the device you're using. If you are reading with the same type of device that was used to create the content, you see the smilies. If not, you see the box.

Pictures failing to load can be caused by many different things (picture not in correct directory, consumption device has no software to use to interpret the object, it's too big and timed out fetching it, etc.)

Apple devices don't have Flash. (Not you, the Adobe software). Therefore, anything on the Internet with Flash content can't be displayed on an Apple device.

If you don't want to upset customers with your communications, just use text, and not the cutesy things that are specific to each type of device (in this case the smilies).

Jim

jgg85234
06-06-2013, 11:25 PM
Yeah well... my wife CAN'T STAND to touch my microfiber towels. So... the more I get, the less she can stand to touch them, so she never even bothers to look! :laughing:

Order her some Sasquatches from CG. She'll like those.

Or, get her some "made in Korea" towels. They're soft on both sides.

Jim

psnt1ol
06-07-2013, 12:35 AM
I am on vacation/stay-ca-tion.

Promised the wife to finish some projects around the house. Walked through the garage and saw the new B & S MF cutting pads sitting in the corner (they were delivered a few days earlier). I just couldn't help myself and ended up polishing the Dryer. When she saw what I did, she was speechless and went back to the house. I am not sure if she was shocked, impressed, or mad. I guess I will find out soon enough but this is the first time I did something that made her speechless.

tnxm42
06-07-2013, 05:27 AM
When my Girlfriend saw my fusion she asked what I paid for it. I told her 40 bucks(little white lie). She then went on to explain that anything that comes in a nice wooden box, and you keep in a cabinet didnt cost 40 dollars. Shes smarter then I once thought

cardaddy
06-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Order her some Sasquatches from CG. She'll like those.

Or, get her some "made in Korea" towels. They're soft on both sides.

Jim

Oh Jim.... I've got plenty of towels, from short nap, to dual nap, to just plain old shaggy. The Korean 460's are a different feeling but honestly I don't think they are near as 'loose' as the Eurow 660's (that come in 12" x 16", and shed as well). Still think my favorites are the 600's and 700's dual plush, at least for LSP removal. The 530 terry towels are serious workhorses though. I've started putting together kits for customers with several different towels and a little spray bottle of Megs 156, or ONRWW, or DG 151. Can sell them from $9.95 to $19.95 depending on what towels they want. Helps pay for all the darned towels I keep buying!!! :rolleyes:

When my Girlfriend saw my fusion she asked what I paid for it. I told her 40 bucks(little white lie). She then went on to explain that anything that comes in a nice wooden box, and you keep in a cabinet didnt cost 40 dollars. Shes smarter then I once thought

Oh what's a little white lie here and there. Bet she doesn't tell you how much makeup and lipstick cost either! :eek: My wife has been selling Mary Kay (on the side, VERY on the side) for at least 12~13 years now and you wouldn't BELIEVE how much that stuff costs! Yikes! :rolleyes: And don't get me started on pocketbooks! Or do they call them purses? Heck, she even got my son a job at Kroger because the lady there remembered her as the "lady with the COACH bag". Seriously?!?! :rolleyes: (It's as big as a Stage-coach bag if that means anything!)

Then again... I just got my bill yesterday evening for last months orders. I almost croaked with it being a freaking GRAND!
And here I was thinking I was being restrained. :nomore:

runrun411
06-07-2013, 02:33 PM
For those of you on this thread who doesn't know please allow me to tell you.
Cardaddy is the KING of MF towel (IMO). Don't get him started. :D He can tell you the quality of each and every single thread in a MF towel. What ever he says, about MF believe him. This man speaks the truth. He da man. Im the MAN

jgg85234
06-07-2013, 02:39 PM
Hi Tony:

Just saw something last night in a twitter feed (I don't even use twitter) from MF T that says they can print artwork on towels that won't interfere with the use of the towel. You can submit the graphic that they print. On their menu, go down to custom printing.

Nice way to do some advertising if it works!

Jim

Phathooddetail
06-07-2013, 05:56 PM
custom mf towels now that could be nice

hernandez.art13
06-08-2013, 10:58 AM
My Lady, son and I went to Venice beach yesterday. Had a good time, but once we were leaving my kid. Was saying "I want to jump in the water...! Please...!" (With the sad face, that you can't say no to)

I then said "I am not going in there it's, freezing! you can go"

Once he was taking his shirt off to jump in the ocean, I decided to jump in as well (my shirt was already off) lol

Long story short, we were dripping wet once we all got out/ freezing (my lady eventually jumped in to lol)

I decided to use my MF towels to help us dry off that I had in the trunk , now they are full of salt and sand (no regrets though, because we had a great time) lol

The bikes we rented were all rusted too, dang beach weather.

If I had a business card, I would have given it to the Manager and said "call me when you buy new bikes, so they don't rust" lol

Opti Coat came to mind haha