PDA

View Full Version : First Paid Detail Tomorrow!

Pages : [1] 2

KJW Detailing
05-29-2007, 09:00 PM
97' Mitsubishi Eclipse with 150K on the Odometer - Black Ext. with Tan Interior

The car as a whole is in pretty bad shape...borderline terrible. It's a girl's car whom i work with at Lexus...she wants a full-detail but i'm not sure if i will go that far for her (only b/c i dont think the results will come out that great and i dont want to get her for her money...she's a good friend)...

So my plan of attack for the time being is a full interior detail and then atleast a wash and wax on the exterior...the interior has many different stains from your general dirt and grime buildup, to tanning solution being spilled on the seats, to rain water leaking in during a heavy rainfail...im honestly not sure of how the interior will come out, but we'll see! The exterior is another story...it had oxidized paint, and areas where the clear coat has been lost, and in other areas their are just bizzar stuff on the paint...

Tomorrow morning i am picking up her car at work...i will work on it b4 work and then delieve it to her at work...(thats when she leaves for the day and my day begins at work)...I will take plenty of pictures of both the interior and the exterior...

I will probably ask you all for your opinoun on what i should try to do with the exterior...

Thanks!

D
05-29-2007, 09:03 PM
Good luck! Im not sure I would bother polishing without a PC on a car in that condition.

richy
05-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Do you have a rotary? If not, time to use your pc with some menzerna power gloss compound!! Good luck!

D
05-29-2007, 09:17 PM
His PC is out of order.

AUdakota
05-29-2007, 09:24 PM
I would wait until you can get another PC, than I would do a full detail and charge her nothing, bc than you can sucker her into a date......

KJW Detailing
05-29-2007, 10:05 PM
haha audakota i would be all about ur idea but being that she has a bf...im not sure that would work well...

yes my PC is out of comission right now and i am waiting for a new one...although i can get my hands on a rotary at work...but could i use that with the XMT line? on the other hand i could use the products we have at work...

i will make sure to take pics of the exterior and then through everyones help here i can come up with some sort of determination about the exterior...

AUdakota
05-29-2007, 10:14 PM
I think you could use XMT with a rotary but I would expect the working time to be very short with a rotary.

And boyfriends are only temporary, a nice swirl free finish for $0.00 might drop pants like a fruity drink on the beach......

KJW Detailing
05-29-2007, 10:16 PM
haha...well this bf is practically perminant...haha...but i guess u never know...

AUdakota
05-29-2007, 10:17 PM
fine fine fine than charge the crap outta her and buy yourself some more stuff from AG.

D
05-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Yeah, XMT doesnt work too well with the rotary. Breaks down too fast from what Ive heard. Dont have any experience using it with a rotary myself though.

KJW Detailing
05-29-2007, 10:40 PM
can anyone give me any advise on useing Megs APC Cleaner on carpets and cloth...i have never cleaned cloth seats b4...so i need some help in the process of doing this!

D
05-29-2007, 10:46 PM
Dilute 10:1.

KJW Detailing
05-29-2007, 10:50 PM
i know that part but what about the process...should i spray the seat and then scrub or spray and allow the solution to set in and then scrub?

also, its 10 parts water to 1 part APC right?

D
05-29-2007, 11:03 PM
Just spray and scrub. 10 parts water to 1 part APC.

KJW Detailing
05-30-2007, 10:00 PM
Here are a few shots...i could have taken so many more to truely show how bad this interior was but whatever...

the first few are of the exterior...its going to take some work to correct this...o and can anyone let me know what i should do about the area's with the white marks...i think its the clear coat pealing away...

ok well the comp is being stupid so pics will have to wait until later...the interior came out alot cleaner, although i wish it would have came out cleaner but i guess i cant make a 10 yr old car with stains all over it come out perfect...the girl who's car this is was amazed and thrilled to have a clean interior!

First, the Megs APC worked great...even though i didn't feel like it was doing anything to the seats, the after pics show a slightly different picture!

Second, there is a stain on the back seat and after cleaning it, it actually looked worse...now im not sure if that was b/c of it being wet or whatever...anyone have any idea why this could happen?

Third, what do you guys do for the tough to reach area's or the tight spots?

Thanks! i'll work on getting the pics up!