PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Maxima Front Emblem paint failure in the logo

inDetail
06-06-2013, 08:38 AM
Okay have a Maxima coming up. The client pointed out that the matte black paint in the N in Nissan on the silver emblem has come off. It's barley noticeable. It's the one on the front grille. I don't think the emblem is able to be removed. It looks like it's part of the grille. I think he is just as OCD as we all do. He wants to get it filed in again.

Anyone have any ideas. I was thinking Prep it with some IPA. remove residue with distilled water. I was just thinking matte black spray paint on a fine tiny artist paint brush. Dab it in there and let it dry. It would be great if it was not a vertical surface.

Thanks again detailers

af90
06-06-2013, 08:47 AM
What about plasti-dip? It's removable but there's no chance of messing anything up. But I don't know if it's inlayed or something like that.

inDetail
06-07-2013, 05:53 AM
Thanks for the idea. The type is "inlayed". It's actually recessed type that was painted matte black

rmagnus
06-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Repaint it.

inDetail
06-08-2013, 06:43 AM
For the little bit of paint that is missing from the "N" I'm not sure it's worth repainting. I looked into the plasti-dip and it has some longevity and if you screw up you can peel it right off and start over. I can even fill all the letters and wipe the surface of the emblem off so they all look even.
Ralph - I would like to thank you for your service to our country.