PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Wiper Blade Inserts

WRXINXS
06-06-2013, 07:41 AM
What do you guys use to clean and condition the rubber inserts on your wiper blades?

I was thinking about 303 Wiper Treatment and e-mailed the company. They said the product had been discontinued and to use 303 aerospace as it was the same product!

Thanks,
Drew

bootstrap
06-06-2013, 07:42 AM
I buy new ones

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

WRXINXS
06-06-2013, 07:44 AM
I buy new ones

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Mine are brand new, but I am trying to keep them soft and dirt free so they do not scratch the Opti-Glass layer I have on my windshield.

Steelman
06-06-2013, 08:18 AM
I use ArmorAll on my wiper blades. It cleans and has good UV protection and my blade stay soft and last longer, on the glass I use Rain-X. I live in Florida where blades dry up quickly.

Setec Astronomy
06-06-2013, 08:18 AM
I was thinking about 303 Wiper Treatment and e-mailed the company. They said the product had been discontinued and to use 303 aerospace as it was the same product!

Well, I remember a member at another forum talking to them about their cleaning products and trying to understand the difference, and they told him they are all the same just diluted differently.

swanicyouth
06-06-2013, 08:19 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/06/ebajudah.jpg

Same product? Don't I feel like a fool. They work pretty good though. I'll guess I'll just buy 303 when I run out.

WantcarPerfect
06-06-2013, 09:29 AM
Anybody feel it would be Okay to use either BLACKFIRE Interior Protectant or MOTHERS Protectant on wiper blades? I have both products and I am applying Pinnacle GlassCoat Window Sealant with Rain Repellent. The wiper blades are in good condition but I would like to keep them soft and in good condition.

Bob

WRXINXS
06-06-2013, 07:47 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/06/ebajudah.jpg

Same product? Don't I feel like a fool. They work pretty good though. I'll guess I'll just buy 303 when I run out.

I was surprised by the answer as well. I was going to stock up on those via ebay now that AG ran out until I read his response!

I just bought some Sonus Tire & Bumper Dressing Gel that the description says is supposed to be good on wiper blades. I might give that a go.

Drew

inDetail
06-06-2013, 08:14 PM
IPA on a rag until the black is gone. Then a coat of silicone spray on a paper towel. Keep your windshield clean and your good.

sunday joe
06-07-2013, 07:18 AM
IPA on a rag until the black is gone. Then a coat of silicone spray on a paper towel. Keep your windshield clean and your good.

+1