PDA

View Full Version : Pad Lube oops

DogRescuer
06-06-2013, 07:32 AM
Hi guys, another question for you. Will misting my pads before applying product help, if so why, and what do you recomend?

CrayBrown
06-06-2013, 07:38 AM
I have some pad conditioner by chem guys that I use. I dont have as many problems with product flashing or drying up. Also you dont want to start rubbing a dry pad on your paint. If you dont prep your pad with something make sure you prime it well. Just keep in mind less is more.

BillE
06-06-2013, 07:42 AM
I will use a LIGHT spritz of 'pad lube' before I prime a fresh pad. Doing it that way, priming seems (to me) more even.

If I'm working on a gel-coat, I will occasionally give the pad a spritz after 'cleaning on the fly', only because gel-coat can/will suck so much moisture out of the pad when compounding.

Bill

erichaley
06-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Mike brought up a great point in one of his videos about not using it on LSPs because it may interfere with the product. For compounds and polishes though, it should be fine.

wgilles
06-06-2013, 10:23 AM
I use pad lube when applying compounds. It gives me a longer working time and eases application of the product. When I use a fresh pad, I give it 2-3 sprays and gently massage it into the pad. After that I will give the pad 1 spray every other panel or as needed.

DogRescuer
06-06-2013, 11:19 AM
Mike brought up a great point in one of his videos about not using it on LSPs because it may interfere with the product. For compounds and polishes though, it should be fine.
Thanks, what does LSP stand for?

OhTwoGT
06-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Last Step Product, refers to Wax,Sealant, etc.

DogRescuer
06-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Last Step Product, refers to Wax,Sealant, etc.
Thank you.

mavin
06-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Can you use ONR or a quick detailer for the pre-compound spray?

inDetail
06-06-2013, 05:29 PM
I use CG pad primer. Like everyone said it gives you a little bit longer work time and it keeps the pores from clogging up with spent product. Makes them much easier to clean during polishing

GenesisCoupe
06-06-2013, 05:33 PM
I have some pad conditioner by chem guys that I use. I dont have as many problems with product flashing or drying up. Also you dont want to start rubbing a dry pad on your paint. If you dont prep your pad with something make sure you prime it well. Just keep in mind less is more.

I also use Chemical Guys pad conditioner and I feel like it helps prime the pad with product and a single spray does the job for half the average car.

vencome
06-10-2013, 01:10 AM
Hi there! More often than not, I use pad lubes before applying compounds on the car. It actually makes a huge difference when cleaning.

vet
06-10-2013, 07:04 AM
I use a pad conditioner on every pad before using.