PDA

View Full Version : Megs NXT 2.0

Jmarra
06-06-2013, 06:23 AM
Anybody have any luck with this product? I used it yesterday with great results but it was just a little difficult to remove.

Mike Phillips
06-06-2013, 06:33 AM
Anybody have any luck with this product? I used it yesterday with great results but it was just a little difficult to remove.

If it was difficult to remove that usually means,

Too thick of a coat was applied.
It wasn't dry before removing.
The paint needs to be clayed, cleaned and polished before application.

What are you working on?
What condition was the paint before you applied it?

:)

jimjc
06-06-2013, 07:06 AM
I`ve used NXT for many years and one of the main reasons I used it was it`s simply the easiest sealer to remove that I`ve ever used.

I always make sure it`s dry [ usually 20 min. ] by doing a swipe test before I remove it. It has a great shine. And since I put it on with a orbital I can make sure is goes on thin.

FUNX650
06-06-2013, 07:58 AM
Anybody have any luck with this product?
Unrestrainedly: Good Luck...with results that are always exceptionally brilliant!

:)

Bob

Klasse Act
06-06-2013, 08:54 AM
^ I'll keep it simple OP...this is a great OTC product and if you're having a problem removing it, its being applied WAAAAAY too thick, period! I used the original version when it came out as well as v2 and what I do is use an amount the size of quarter to my applicator and do the entire car and THEN remove it. The directions say to let it sit on the car for 15 minutes before removal, you can even use this product in direct sunlight too.

flamed03vert
06-06-2013, 08:54 AM
It has worked well for me, thin application as Mike mentioned. The first time I put some of it was a little tough to get off but I attribute that to applying and having the sun shift. I know the rule is always never in direct sun light when applying products, but I work outside because of living in a condo. Live and learn

Jmarra
06-06-2013, 10:04 AM
2011 Chrysler 300
I have been the only one to touch this car so it is in great shape.
I use the NXT on my dd for ease of use. It came off ok but left oily type residue only visible with the 1000 watt light. Could have been too thick, I just never had this issue before. Megs quick detailed took vCard of it.

Washed
Speedy sponge prep
Pinnacle XMT 2 with LC white pad
IPA wipe
Megs NXT 2.0

c8n
06-06-2013, 11:54 AM
If it left oily residue... you probably removed it too soon.

hernandez.art13
06-06-2013, 12:00 PM
The NXT works great, but OTC. I like the Meguiar's Ultimate Wax.

Might be the name that got me "Ultimate" and I feel it has some extra shine, (might be the name lol)

But yep for OTC it is Ultimate ☺

Blackbird96
06-06-2013, 12:48 PM

I had a helluva time removing it from my black Challenger too... I don't have a machine so I put it on by hand.

hernandez.art13
06-06-2013, 12:55 PM
If it was hard to remove then you probably put on to much or surface was to hot or both/ too dirty as well.