PDA

View Full Version : Which Glaze to use and should I ?

lineman
06-05-2013, 09:53 PM
I am going to strip and do a complete detail of my wife's car. It is a 2008 Ford Edge and is "White Sand Triple Coat" kind of a slight off white. I have both Chemical Guys Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish Glaze and Chemical Guys EZ-Cream Glaze. I have only used each one once and need advise on which to use. The only difference I can see from the label is that apparently the Black Light has a small amount of sealer it it. I plan on topping the glaze with a sealant and am wondering if the sealer in the Black Light will make a difference in how the sealer I put over the glaze adheres OR if I should even mess with a glaze and go straight to a dedicated sealer, either Wolf Gang or Optimum The paint is in excellent condition, I always kept a good coat of wax on it but I am going to clay anyway since it hasn't been clayed since last year.
Appreciate any advise. Thanks

silverfox
06-06-2013, 06:19 PM
BL is a great foundation for either sealant or wax. EZ creme better suited for sealants.

You can't go wrong with either but I'd go with BL given the choice.

AC in OC
06-06-2013, 07:00 PM
I'm curious about the details as well. I have been looking into glazes as well (the 2 you mention as well as the Poorboy's). One person that I see regularly use the CG ones you have is zmcgovern45 AKA Zach. If he doesn't respond to this thread, perhaps you can PM him. His work is great, thus leading to my curiosity to try them out.

I look forward to reading other people's experience with these two products.