PDA

View Full Version : New car detailing question

Salsfirst
06-05-2013, 06:53 AM
Hi, I'm taking delivery of a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT in the next day or so. I plan on detailing it. I was going to wash the car with Wolfgang Autobathe, then use Iron out, then clay bar the entire car, then use CarPro Eraser Intense Oil & Polish Cleanser, then use Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating, then use Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0.

Am I using too many products? Are these the correct steps? Any recommendations.

Feed back please
Thanks

af90
06-05-2013, 07:03 AM
Make sure the dealer doesn't wash it. And just ensure the paint is how you want it sealed semi-permanently.

Evan.J
06-05-2013, 07:04 AM
If your going to use Opti-coat then no need for DGPS3.0. Also make sure you do an IPA or CarPro Eraser wipedown prior to the application of OC.

PA DETAILER
06-05-2013, 07:35 AM
wow! SRT 6.4 HEMI. one beast of a jeep! congrats!! i drove the 5.7 challenger with 370 HP. could not find a SRT 6.4 to drive. but i cant imagine the 475 HP in the challenger. you are a lucky man. i can only dream of owning one.......

Mike Phillips
06-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Hi, I'm taking delivery of a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT in the next day or so. I plan on detailing it. I was going to wash the car with Wolfgang Autobathe, then use Iron out, then clay bar the entire car, then use CarPro Eraser Intense Oil & Polish Cleanser, then use Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating, then use Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0.

Am I using too many products? Are these the correct steps? Any recommendations.

Feed back please
Thanks

The above is a VERY thorough regimen for a brand new SUV, not to say it doesn't need it or won't need it as dealerships are HORRIBLE at delivering to you a vehicle with a nice finish.

Read this article and then "INSPECT" the paint like the article shows you and this will tell you what you "need" to do...

How To Detail Your Brand New Car by Mike Phillips (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/54451-how-detail-your-brand-new-car-mike-phillips.html)

Make sure the dealer doesn't wash it.

Great advice... :dblthumb2: :dblthumb2: :dblthumb2:

wow! SRT 6.4 HEMI. one beast of a jeep! congrats!!

No doubt... we need pictures... where's the follow-up from the OP?

:dunno: