PDA

View Full Version : So…I Still Have Some Swirls

jebfour
06-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Getting back into detailing after a little over 10 years away, the basic concepts seems to be the same, but there are many more options in regards to detailing compounds/materials/accessories, that are available. Here is my dilemma…

I clayed the hood of my truck (GMC 4x4 Crew cab – White). I then used my recently acquired PC7424xp. Using an orange 6.5” CCS Lake Country Pad, I repeatedly did passes with Pinnacle XMT 360 (in the garage with “decent” light). Thinking that everything was “good” I applied Meguiar’s Gold Class Wax (I had it)……I then pulled things out into the daylight. Some swirls were still visible. Much better, but some were still there. Perhaps they were more pronounced than I first thought…

So, what products should I pull into play? Should I “remove” the products that I just applied before doing so (if so, how)? If so how?

Any advice and tips appreciated! :props:

c8n
06-04-2013, 09:47 PM
After polishing, should do a 10%IPA wipe down to inspect. My understanding is that compound/polish has oil in them which can possibly act as fillers.

wompasaurus
06-04-2013, 09:56 PM
360 is a aio (all in one) very light cutting abilities. I've used megs 105 and 205 combo for years but am finally trying others due to dusting from the megs but megs has never let me down on correction abilities. Im trying the chemical guys v32 and v36 and so far its very good lots of work time and it has no dusting that i've noticed.

spiralout462
06-04-2013, 11:13 PM
In addition to what the others have said you should get better correction with 5.5" low profile pads. The PCXP will spin them much more efficiently. When I started machine polishing I used XMT 360 since I was afraid of using a too aggressive product. I quickly found out that if I wanted 90% correction, a dedicated polish or compound would be in order. I think AIO's have their place but my expectations are pretty high for my personal vehicles. Welcome to AGO!

jebfour
06-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the replies! So I'll move on to a multi-step system. Should I remove the product currently on the vehicle before doing so? If so, what method should I use to do so?

Thanks for the help!