PDA

View Full Version : Rupes or flex ?

Alex Haramic
06-04-2013, 08:32 PM
I'm more leaning to the flex since it a da polisher ...but I notice rupes is a orbital polisher is there a difference can the rupes buffer burn paint off ....suggestions?!

Evan.J
06-04-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm more leaning to the flex since it a da polisher ...but I notice rupes is a orbital polisher is there a difference can the rupes buffer burn paint off ....suggestions?!

They are both DA polishers however the Flex is a forced rotation. The Rupes can not burn the paint but just like anything you will want to take the proper precautions as always.

Rupes requires little to no pressure to the head to use. The throw it has is gray which makes it eat through defects like crazy.

The forced rotation of the Flex is great and help remove defects fast as well.

The Rupes is lighter than the Flex and You could get the 21 and get the 15 BP and have he best of both polishers.

With the BMW I did today the Flex came in handy as it has lots of small tight areas that I could get the Flex into.

I don't know what one I would pick!

Alex Haramic
06-04-2013, 08:44 PM
They are both DA polishers however the Flex is a forced rotation. The Rupes can not burn the paint but just like anything you will want to take the proper precautions as always.

Rupes requires little to no pressure to the head to use. The throw it has is gray which makes it eat through defects like crazy.

The forced rotation of the Flex is great and help remove defects fast as well.

The Rupes is lighter than the Flex and You could get the 21 and get the 15 BP and have he best of both polishers.

With the BMW I did today the Flex came in handy as it has lots of small tight areas that I could get the Flex into.

I don't know what one I would pick!

See that's the thing I rather have a light buffer and and don't have to put a lot if pressure on the buffer and I noticed they are at the same price 349.99 what are the back plates for the rupe I know the flex but I want buff with smaller pads 4,5,5.5 is what I would prefer

Alex Haramic
06-04-2013, 08:49 PM
The 349.99 is the Rupes LHR 15ES

Evan.J
06-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Well the 21 is a 6" BP and the 15 is a 5" BP. I don't think you can put the 6" BP on the 15

Alex Haramic
06-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Well the 21 is a 6" BP and the 15 is a 5" BP. I don't think you can put the 6" BP on the 15

Yea that's fine I rather have a smaller BP I ll have to look around .. I'll make a list of pros and cons between the flex and rupes thanks for the help