PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Coat 2.0, 22ple VX1 Pro, or GTechniq EVOv2

Pages : [1] 2 3

drivensite
06-04-2013, 04:13 PM
I am looking to try a coating on my white 2007 Toyota (single stage paint) and friend's black 2011 Toyota that are both parked outside 24/7 and driven daily. Basically we're looking for a product that will last a long time and offer protection from the elements since our vehicles are driven daily and we live in an area with alternating sun and rain multiple times every day. Have been using Collinite845 wax and 4 Star Ultimate Paint Protection sealant on the vehicles, but like the idea of a product that protects better and lasts a year or two. Based on what I could find online I was trying to narrow it down between Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0, GTechniq EXO v2, and 22ple VX1 Pro Glass Coating. I'm open to all feedback, suggestions, and other products as well. Thanks in advance.

AeroCleanse
06-04-2013, 05:10 PM
GTechniq EXO v2 will have the maximum water shedding ability but Gtechniq C1 would have the most scratch resistance. If you want the ultimate then C1 topped with EXO v2 would be best. I think GTechniq sells that combo as a kit.

FUNX650
06-04-2013, 05:20 PM
Considering where these vehicles "live":

Opti-Coat 2.0...for the WIN!!

:)

Bob

dorkiedoode
06-04-2013, 05:25 PM
I'm familiar with Opti-Coat so OC for me.

kingweb50
06-04-2013, 05:27 PM
c1 topped with exo is what I went with

Flatlander
06-04-2013, 11:09 PM
I have C1, OC, Cquartz AND Cquartz UK on varoius panels of my car. For durability I'd have to go with OC, for looks, the Cquartz rocks!

AutowerxDetailing
06-04-2013, 11:17 PM
Y U No list C.Quartz as an option?

drivensite
06-05-2013, 02:38 AM
Y U No list C.Quartz as an option?

From what I found online after hours of research I didn't see CQuartz as being the best choice. Am I right in understanding that CQuartz Finest is their best product, but not available to the general public? I did use CQuartz Dulux on the trim months ago and am very happy with the result and longevity of that product.

Thanks for all the feedback. Seems like people usually recommend the product they use, but understandably they probably use that product for a reason. Anyone with feedback or advice that's used more than one of these coatings?

CamaroSS27
06-05-2013, 06:06 PM
I really astonished with exo but I used v1, been a year and holding very strong.

TroyScherer
06-05-2013, 06:24 PM
Am I right in understanding that CQuartz Finest is their best product, but not available to the general public?

For pure durability nothing has been proven better than OC. I have OC Pro on my truck.

Finest is the pro version of CQuartz. That is true, just like OC has a pro only version. Don't let that distract you. Finest is actually slightly different tech than original CQ and need to be heat cured for best results.

I have not used 22ple or GTechniq C1; but I can tell you CQuartz is on the same playing field and is as good as them. There are some that say one looks better than another but it is my understanding after much research that they are all more similar than anyone want to admit. You may want to check out my review of CQuartz below. I was so impressed this the original CQuartz that I am getting ready to re-polish and apply CQUK to one car again. And this is after 2 years. CQUK is claimed and reported to have better depth and gloss than the original CQuartz.

Link: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/49041-product-review-cquartz-ceramic-quartz-paint-protection.html

drivensite
06-06-2013, 02:21 AM
Will do. Thank you

drivensite
06-12-2013, 01:05 AM
Anybody else have any experience or feedback?

PedroMalheiro
06-12-2013, 06:58 AM
i will try thin month 22PLE, I can give my feedback but only after ;)

Ryry11
06-12-2013, 07:18 AM
I've used c1, Exo v1, Exo v2, oc 2.0. In my experience, gtechniq makes the easiest coatings to work with. They're pretty simple to use with outstanding results.

I've used oc 2.0, but it didn't take. Oc looks like a great product, but isn't the easiest to apply when compared to the others.

If you're going for maximum protection for the longest time, I'd say go with oc 2.0 since it is a "permanent" coating...but take your time with it.

If I were you, I'd put 2 coats of Exo v2 on it. It's super easy to use, provides over a year of protection easily with your car living outside.

drivensite
09-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. Narrowed it down to EXOv2 or 22PLE, but CQuartz UK still seems tempting too.