PDA

View Full Version : Question about compressor.

Dave'sDetails
06-04-2013, 07:58 AM
Does anyone have experience with the Porter Cable 6 gal. pancake air compressor. I just purchased one at a pretty good deal brand new, and want to know if it is going to do the job properly. It will be used for general detail work. Blowing out around mirrors and crevices after washes, blowing under seats and in interior crevices before vacuuming... things of that nature. It has a .8 HP motor so idk how refill time is going to be. Any light that can be shed is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

hoyt66
06-04-2013, 08:27 AM
I have one that I use with my finish nailer. I have used it for some detail work ( light as you said) and it needs to recharge pretty quickly . While it works I wouldn't buy it specifically for detailing. Just my .02

piranah
06-04-2013, 08:36 AM
Plan on it running continiously

Sent from my Dell Streak using AG Online

FUNX650
06-04-2013, 08:48 AM
You'll notice that there will probably be numerous refills with this unit.

The .8 HP motor will be undergoing quite a workout, if this compressor is
used continuously, for any extended period of time.

Also with this unit only delivering 2.6 cfm @ 90 psi...
it will encounter difficulties powering many air-driven tools to their full potential.

However...
Not a bad compressor for other purposes; and, after all:
Its price-point was conditional.

:)

Bob

inDetail
06-04-2013, 08:53 AM
I have one PC that runs short and takes forever to refill. 100 psi. I think. Still does a great job but I can blow out 1/2 the dash and air vents before it runs out of pressure. Then I have my 300 psi that takes forever to fill but it runs longer and does a great job blowing out loose dirt from tight places then blowing water out of tight place after a wash. I love having one detailing engines.