PDA

View Full Version : Optimum vs Klasse

gearguru
06-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Will you consider Optimum GPS and ID/ GE a competent alternative to the Klasse Twins? Don't see much comparisons on these sets during my search.

Thanks,
Dino

Ron Atchison
06-03-2013, 11:32 PM
You probably won't see a comparision. They are totally different products. ID/GE is a QD type of product and really doesn't belong in the list. The only thing close about the others is GPS and KAIO are both AIO products that contain sealants. KAIO has hands down better durability than GPS but does not contain a glaze/filler like GPS, depending on the amount of correction needed it may not finish off as nice as GPS but that will be short term maybe a month or two at most where the KAIO will probably double that. Top it with the KSG and your looking a 6 months protection easy.

BradsDetailing
06-04-2013, 02:14 AM
I used klasse aio and hgsg last year and it lasted me 6-8 months with regular weekly hand washing

gearguru
06-04-2013, 03:36 AM
Thank you sirs for your inputs.

Vegas Transplant
06-04-2013, 04:54 AM
What is your goal...set it and forget it? Or regularly maintained end product?
I agree with rzatch. They are two completely different animals. The Klasse line is acrylic based, and the OPT line is a polymer one.

Klasse AIO has a cut factor of 1 on the Autogeek Swirl Removers & Compounds Comparison Chart (http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/wax-cut-chart-master.htm) .

GPS, while not listed, is more aggressive, and leaves no fillers if worked thoroughly.
It only works as a glaze if hand applied, or not thoroughly worked by machine.

Just to clarify for others: having filling properties is different from having fillers as an ingredient.

When used like a cleaner wax, you may see some filling.
When used like a polish, you will see real correction.
You'll also see varied potential depending on pad choice and pressure applied...GPS is very versitle

It has more cut than Finish and more than Poli-Seal, but not quite asynchronous as Polish II or Hyper polish...

I would go with OOS instead of the ID. The ID is great for looks and added slickness, but has no durability of its own.

IMO, the Klasse twins leave a classic sealant look, has more duabilty, but must be maintained with spray wax for slickness and warmth.

IMO, GPS topped with OOS leaves more of a hard candy look than the plasticky classic sealant look. Also can be maintained with OCW for an even warmer look and slickness, then on the next scheduled maintenance, topped with OOS again.

My two cents.

mbret2004
06-04-2013, 05:05 AM
Great information. I'm just lurking and learning.........

Vegas Transplant
06-04-2013, 05:14 AM
Me, too.
Then I put it into practice :xyxthumbs:
We all end up in the same place...blinged out whips.

gearguru
06-04-2013, 05:16 AM
Hello Sir,

I guess more of maintaining it regularly but with what you shared, I think it's the Klasse twins suited for me.

Many thanks,
Dino

gearguru
06-04-2013, 05:18 AM
Sorry for this question outside our topic. Is it still necessary to prep the paint after I have applied washed and clayed it? Someone recommended to me to still use Mothers Step 1 before I apply KAIO.

Vegas Transplant
06-04-2013, 05:19 AM
Fine choice :props:
Looking forward to future show and shine write up.

Happy detailing...:buffing:

EDIT:rzatch is more capable of answering Mothers product questions. I'm not too familiar with the line. When I was using Klasse, it was wash, clay, apply. I gave the twins away because I didn't like the look, even though it was stunning.

gearguru
06-04-2013, 05:30 AM
Thanks and look forward to sharing soon :)

umi000
06-04-2013, 06:50 AM
Sorry for this question outside our topic. Is it still necessary to prep the paint after I have applied washed and clayed it? Someone recommended to me to still use Mothers Step 1 before I apply KAIO.

No need for Mother's Step 1 before KAIO - KAIO probably cleans just as well as Step 1.

Ron Atchison
06-04-2013, 02:27 PM
:iagree: That is what KAIO is designed to do.

RZJZA80
06-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Chemical cleaners vs abrasives is the main difference. I beleive KAIO has better durability, I get over 6 months with it topped with anything, especially the KSG.

gearguru
06-04-2013, 08:35 PM
No need for Mother's Step 1 before KAIO - KAIO probably cleans just as well as Step 1.

kinda guessed that...thank you for validating :xyxthumbs: