PDA

View Full Version : What is the best waterless wash?Safe to use?

Jeepster19
06-03-2013, 08:19 PM
I have never used a waterless wash but I have seen it used years ago.I was thinking of using it on my black 90 Mustang GT.Is this stuff really safe?Which product is the safest for the paint?My car is garage kept& driven occasionally when the weather cooperates.Feed back please

SYMAWD
06-03-2013, 09:18 PM
If you have light dust/ dirt, using a liberal amount of waterless wash is safe. I like to use waffle weave towels to trap the dirt plus they hold a lot of moisture. I have no idea which is safest, there are so many out there.

swanicyouth
06-03-2013, 09:35 PM
I don't use it without pressure washing / rinsing first. If you don't have that option, than you don't have that option. I ended up with a lot of fine scratches on my black car I attributed to waterless wash.

I polished them away and said no more. I just can't see wiping off dirt I could rinse off touch free. But I guess it depends on how OCD you are about the car. Plus your towels get filthy dirty.

spiralout462
06-03-2013, 09:44 PM
I think technique and towels are probably more important than the product used. If I ever gained the courage to perform a waterless on my entire vehicle I would probably choose Ultima Waterless Wash. It seems to be well received around here. I really don't even like removing bug guts in between two bucket washes but am forced to this time of year. :(

AeroCleanse
06-03-2013, 11:45 PM
Best is up for grabs, Chemical Guys EcoSmart works great for me, doesn't scratch the soft black paint

Theo_Auto_Fines
06-04-2013, 01:01 AM
Use one MF each for the following:

The roof
Windows
Hood and Trunk
Front Fenders
Upper Door and Trunk
Lower Door and Bumpers

I specially like the CG Hose Free Eco Wash, More bang for the buck..

Cruzinqueen944
07-19-2013, 08:46 PM
Optimum No Rinse. Hands down my most favorite detailing product ever. I have 3 black cars in my care and I cannot attribute any paint marring to this product. It is a miracle!

Rsurfer
07-19-2013, 08:54 PM
Optimum No Rinse. Hands down my most favorite detailing product ever. I have 3 black cars in my care and I cannot attribute any paint marring to this product. It is a miracle!
OP is talking about a waterless wash, not a no rinse wash.

custmsprty
07-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Poor Boy's Waterless Wash

I love this stuff, been using it on my Black GC for a year. I drive mine like you do yours, it's my weekend warrior ride. Buy it by the gallon. I also use it to wipe off the bugs and our dreaded Florida love bugs during that twice a year event after a drive, it works wonders. :dblthumb2:

Poorboy's Spray & Wipe Waterless Wash: Just spray and wipe away dirt and grime with this quick cleaner! qed, poorboys waterless wipe, poorboys quick (http://www.autogeek.net/pbsaw16.html)

Meticulous-Detail
07-19-2013, 09:14 PM
I like Meg's Ultimate Wash n Wax Anywhere. Cleans very well and leaves some protection behind.

UWW is also very good.

jjj
07-19-2013, 09:38 PM
The pinnacle on bogo is awesome. 1 oz to 32oz. 16 32 oz mixed bottles per 19$ bottle. where can you find anything otc for a little over a buck a 32oz. and bogo even more of a Great deal . It's my go to.