PDA

View Full Version : Dlux on interior trim??

dpk20x
06-03-2013, 07:08 PM
Got a bunch of CQuartz Dlux left over after doing the trim on my Grand Cherokee. It did a great job restoring my faded 12 year old trim so I was thinking about using the rest on some of my interior pieces. I'm not talking about the dash or the door panels, rather the trim that runs along the floor and some of the cargo are. So just wondering if this is a bad idea or if it's safe to do. Feed back please

dpk20x
06-04-2013, 04:38 AM
I only ask because it specifically states that its only to be used for exterior trim. Surely there must be a reason. Anybody have any thoughts?

sproketser
06-04-2013, 04:51 AM
Don t know , trims are trims , wonder why .

BobbyG
06-04-2013, 05:11 AM
I imagine this has to do with its curing time.

If used on the interior, some may use their vehicles right away and find they have a sticky mess on their hands. By design it takes 1 to 3 hours to cure and I suspect this is where things can go south if used on the interior.

Plastic trim is pretty standard both inside and out. Personally, I see no harm in performing a test on a section of the dash or rear seat trim that wouldn't be touched at all for 24 hours.

sproketser
06-04-2013, 05:21 AM
As Bobby wrote , it must be a curing issue , so if you re not in a hurry , you d be ok .

dpk20x
06-04-2013, 05:39 AM
Ok that makes sense. I was more worried about it releasing toxic chemicals or something along those lines.