PDA

View Full Version : What product for 'White' ...hard to see?

denalitwin
05-29-2007, 11:31 AM
I have a 2006 GMC 'white' Yukon....what I am using works great (XMT 1,2 Klasse Sealant, LC pads)

But...it is so hard to see what you are doing, polishing, etc on white paint, it takes much longer than darker colors...

Anyone have good tips on working on light colors?

thanks!!Feed back please

supercharged
05-29-2007, 12:08 PM
I had luck working in the sun with white. It doesn't get that hot as black does, and you can use sun to see if you have any swirls remaining.

But even a better advice - don't buy white. I had white, and won't buy it again, unless I get a deal of the year on it.

denalitwin
05-29-2007, 01:22 PM
thanks for the hint...but, I live in Phoenix and you don't detail anything in the sun and 'white' is a great choice here, white gets HOT and every other color gets HOTTER..when I moved down here I had a black GMC, never again.

devst8
05-29-2007, 01:37 PM
I have a black car with black interior and leather. After work when I enter my car sometimes I feel like I will pass out lol. And i live in Canada so it's not even close to Phoenix!

But i'm a sucker for black :o

ScottB
05-29-2007, 01:59 PM
We had alot of success on board with white and Wolfgang Concours sealant. Can always add polycharger for more gloss as needed and some added durability. Sounds like the perfect combo !