PDA

View Full Version : Pad help x2

DogRescuer
06-03-2013, 05:18 AM
Hi all, I recently read how It is a good Idea if I get more than one Compounding- Polishing-Finishing pad for my DA. Keeping budget in mind, is there one pad that I would want to buy more than one of before anyothers? And has anyone had succes with using the terry cloth method to clean on the fly. Thanks to all.

Evan.J
06-03-2013, 05:23 AM
Hi all, I recently read how It is a good Idea if I get more than one Compounding- Polishing-Finishing pad for my DA. Keeping budget in mind, is there one pad that I would want to buy more than one of before anyothers? And has anyone had succes with using the terry cloth method to clean on the fly. Thanks to all.

You will wan to go with LC flat pads if your on a budget. $35 for a six pack of 5.5" pads your choice or $50 for the 6.5" pads.

I always used to clean my pad on the fly prior to getting my pad washer. Its a great method of removing the spent product and keeping the working face of the pad as clean as possible. You will however have to switch the pads to ensure your getting the most out of the pad and product.:props:

DogRescuer
06-03-2013, 05:33 AM
You will wan to go with LC flat pads if your on a budget. $35 for a six pack of 5.5" pads your choice or $50 for the 6.5" pads.

I always used to clean my pad on the fly prior to getting my pad washer. Its a great method of removing the spent product and keeping the working face of the pad as clean as possible. You will however have to switch the pads to ensure your getting the most out of the pad and product.:props:
Thank you, so is there 1 pad that I should purchase more of due to use, or GET THEM ALL. If I could afford the pad washer I would get one, but not enough income yet, self control.

Evan.J
06-03-2013, 05:36 AM
You will want more polishing pads.

DogRescuer
06-03-2013, 05:38 AM
You will want more polishing pads.
Thanks for your help!

HardLineDetail
06-03-2013, 05:42 AM
Of you're getting the 6 pack, get 2 yellow ones and 2 blue and 2 white. If you think you're gonna do more polishing than correcting, then get an extra blue or white and get 1 yellow.

DogRescuer
06-03-2013, 06:36 AM
Of you're getting the 6 pack, get 2 yellow ones and 2 blue and 2 white. If you think you're gonna do more polishing than correcting, then get an extra blue or white and get 1 yellow.
Thanks,briefly can you tell me what each is for:

yellow
blue
white
Im guessing

Yellow= cut
blue=polish
white= finish

HardLineDetail
06-03-2013, 07:04 AM
You are correct

Evan.J
06-03-2013, 07:17 AM
If you are going with the LC flat pads then those colors are wrong.

Lake Country 5 1/2 x 7/8 inch Beveled Edge Foam Pads, buffing pads, Lake Country curved edge pads, polishing pads (http://www.autogeek.net/lake-country-beveled-edge-pads.html)

Yellow is heavy cutting.
Orange is light cutting
White is polishing
Black is finishing
Blue is finessing

c8n
06-03-2013, 07:19 AM
Remember that you can control the amount of cut with either product or technique. Obviously this will take some practice but if on a budget, you can get away with orange and grey LC CCS pads from my experience. You can control the cut with number of passes and amount of pressure you apply.

sahrcar
06-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Surbuf pads are great! I had 10 of those at one point and really didnt use much of anything else. They can do some major corrections or light polishing or even used to apply all in ones; its just a matter of DA speed, pressure and how fast you move the pad across an area. Surbufs have tiny microfingers embedded into the pad so that's how they work their magic.

I prefer the Surbufs over the microfiber pads but if you dont go with the Surbufs then I would highly recommend the Optimum microfiber pads.

BlackHawk
06-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Get yourself 3 orange pads, 2 white, and maybe one blue. Pads like the orange ones tend to build up more spent product than say a white or blue pad. If you clean your pads well, 2 white pads just might be enough.

Ideally i would make sure i have 4-5 orange and white pads each. That makes the job much easier and more effective.