PDA

View Full Version : CG Honeydew, Mr. Pink's, or Maxi-Suds II for Foam Cannon?

Pages : [1] 2

Radarryan
06-03-2013, 02:57 AM
I currently use DP Foam, but I am looking to try some new stuff and think Chemical Guys would be a good solution, not to mention cheaper! I have heard, through various threads, that each of these can work in a foam gun, but I want try the one that produces the thickest, foamingist foam!

I am not opposed to getting two of them, but I need everyone's favorite for just the foam gun. I will use another car wash soap in the buckets.

So, everyone's favorites for the foam gun?
(1) Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam
(2) Chemical Guys Mr. Pink's Super Suds
(3) Chemical Guys Maxi-Suds II Super Suds

Feel free to add your favorite shampoo for the bucket, too. I am always looking to try new stuff. For what it's worth, on the CG website, they have all their shampoos listed by foam level, slickness, if it's wax safe, ph balanced, etc. Between the three that I am looking at they rank the foam level, from most to least, as Honeydew, Mr. Pink's, Maxi-Suds. Rather than rely on this, I want what real world experience you all have with these products. If there is another brand or product that you think is superior I would love to know.

Thanks for everyone's input and Happy Detailing!

HardLineDetail
06-03-2013, 03:21 AM
What foam gun do you use?

swanicyouth
06-03-2013, 03:47 AM
Honeydew is the best. I notice little if any difference between MS II and Mr Pink. I started using DP recently and think all 3 CG's soaps work better in a foam cannon.

Radarryan
06-03-2013, 03:58 AM
What foam gun do you use?

I use the quart-sized Gilmour Foamaster II Foam Gun, like this (http://www.autogeek.net/auqufofogun.html).

I am under no illusions about what it is capable of. I know the difference between this and say a foam cannon that is hooked up to a pressure washer.

TroyScherer
06-03-2013, 05:29 AM
I have used all 3 of these. IMO they are all very similar in foaming and cleaning. You can't go wrong with any of these. For me it really comes down to price and which scent you prefer.

HardLineDetail
06-03-2013, 05:40 AM
What foaming tool do you guys recommend for a 1500 PSI 1.3GPM pressure washer? Would it be enough to get good results with the MTM lance and one of this 3 products? I don't want to order one knowing that my washer is not strong enough for it. I returned a craftsman 2600 psi 1.8 last week only had if for a couple hours before returning it because of the size and noise.

tnxm42
06-03-2013, 06:34 AM
Honey dew is my personal Fav, and at less then 20 a gallon its hard to beat

GenesisCoupe
06-03-2013, 06:37 AM
HoneyDew is a bit thicker than Mr.Pink, however i find myself using Mr.Pink more often due to it's easy or use even when doing a 2 BM.

Oh and i use a foam gun.

Radarryan
06-03-2013, 07:30 AM
HoneyDew is a bit thicker than Mr.Pink, however i find myself using Mr.Pink more often due to it's easy or use even when doing a 2 BM.

Oh and i use a foam gun.

Could you elaborate on why you find it easier to use, please? I'm trying to get a better idea of the practical differences between the two. Thank you!

GenesisCoupe
06-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Could you elaborate on why you find it easier to use, please? I'm trying to get a better idea of the practical differences between the two. Thank you!

Sure, in my opinion Mr. Pink is more watery (less thick formula) which allows a better standard 2 bucket wash.

You could wash your car with both, it will work just as fine but you will get lighter suds and more spread out with the Pink.

It also depends on how much product you use, so that's just been my experience.

JJH
06-03-2013, 09:58 AM
I use maxi suds with my pressure washer and the foam is THICK. It adds probably a good 1 inch coating of foam on the car. However, I called chemical guys and their customer support told me that MaxiSudsII will strip sealant/wax which contradicts what is on their website.

Andr3wilson
06-03-2013, 10:07 AM
I use maxi suds with my pressure washer and the foam is THICK. It adds probably a good 1 inch coating of foam on the car. However, I called chemical guys and their customer support told me that MaxiSudsII will strip sealant/wax which contradicts what is on their website.

Don't listen to the customer support line. They have all sorts of people saying anything up there. I've heard stories of people asking about Mr. Pink and the guy had to look up what they were talking about.

This is the way these soaps differ.

Honey Dew: give you a foam that has a smaller, tighter bubble.

Mr. Pink will give you they se amount as honeydew, but with a larger looser bubble. Claims are easier to rinse off.

MS2: will give you less foam with a tight small bubble. But it is more sticky than honeydew or mr. Pink.

This info is straight from one of the chemists at chem guys.

swanicyouth
06-03-2013, 12:53 PM

Wow. Why are they telling people this ??? I can tell you from first hand use it doesn't strip wax anymore than any other normal shampoo.

It makes you wonder if you trust anything they say or is written on their bottle.

dooyaunastan
06-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Honey dew is my personal Fav, and at less then 20 a gallon its hard to beat

...Where are you getting gallons of Honeydew Snow Foam for under $20?

TroyScherer
06-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Don't listen to the customer support line. They have all sorts of people saying anything up there. I've heard stories of people asking about Mr. Pink and the guy had to look up what they were talking about.

This is the way these soaps differ.

Honey Dew: give you a foam that has a smaller, tighter bubble.

Mr. Pink will give you they se amount as honeydew, but with a larger looser bubble. Claims are easier to rinse off.

MS2: will give you less foam with a tight small bubble. But it is more sticky than honeydew or mr. Pink.

This info is straight from one of the chemists at chem guys.

You know a Chemist from Warner Chemical?!?!?