PDA

View Full Version : Speedy Surface Prep Dx Pad - Fine grade

jrjones60
06-02-2013, 11:02 PM
Mike....I have a Speedy Surface Prep Dx Pad on the way. It's the one that can be used with a PC polisher. Do you have any tips or suggestions as far as it's use, compared to the Speedy Surface Prep Towel? I realize that I'll probably have to use more lube but I don't know what speed to set the PC on. Thanks in advance for your help.

jrjones60
06-03-2013, 08:02 PM
Has anyone here used this product and if so, what are your comments about it???

af90
06-03-2013, 08:06 PM
I've never used it but from what I've read I can tell you to use little to absolutely no pressure and keep it on a speed 1 or 2 at the most. And like you said lots of clay lube. Sorry can't be of more help!

Jomax
06-03-2013, 08:33 PM
I use the nano skin auto scrub pad. Same concept. I use speed two, for clay lube i use ONR. Works great!! On most cars I get away with no pressure, worked on a construction truck that required quite a bit, but polished after. Good luck!!

rwright
06-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Break it in on all glass before you touch paint, clean often, and use lots of lube.

Hoytman
06-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Break it in on all glass before you touch paint, clean often, and use lots of lube.
Clean often with what, and how? I think I understand what needs to be done, but just to be on the safe side I thought I'd ask.

af90
06-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Clean often with what, and how? I think I understand what needs to be done, but just to be on the safe side I thought I'd ask.Wash it clean. Similar to a clay bar you'd re knead it once it got contaminated, with these type products you have to clean them off.

rwright
06-03-2013, 11:01 PM
Wash it clean. Similar to a clay bar you'd re knead it once it got contaminated, with these type products you have to clean them off.

^ This. I dip my towels in a bucket but you can flush the pads with a spray bottle. Just wrap a mf towel around the housing, exposing just the pad, then spray the pad at an angle. This beats constantly pulling it off the backing plate.

Jomax
06-04-2013, 03:27 PM
^ This. I dip my towels in a bucket but you can flush the pads with a spray bottle. Just wrap a mf towel around the housing, exposing just the pad, then spray the pad at an angle. This beats constantly pulling it off the backing plate.

I flush with a spray bottle aswell, beats washing it in a bucket as the foam in the pad gets full of water, resulting in a bath once you turn the machine on.