PDA

View Full Version : Nanoskin

DogRescuer
06-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Can anyone tell me if there are breakin instructions to use with my new nanoskin sponge, if so what are they?

dooyaunastan
06-02-2013, 07:05 PM
I don't know about the sponge, but I have the wash mitt and it says to break it in on glass first. I use it on the glass first every time I use it just to be careful, though IIRC, the directions stated it only needed to be done the first time to remove a protective film that's on the sponge. I'd assume since it's the same polymer technology, just on a sponge instead of a mitt, that it would be the same.

DogRescuer
06-02-2013, 07:20 PM
I don't know about the sponge, but I have the wash mitt and it says to break it in on glass first. I use it on the glass first every time I use it just to be careful, though IIRC, the directions stated it only needed to be done the first time to remove a protective film that's on the sponge. I'd assume since it's the same polymer technology, just on a sponge instead of a mitt, that it would be the same.
Thanks, it comes with none but i read someone said follow the breakin instructions. I used it on a very small spot and it seems to be scratchinng like Hell, I hope I can get thhese out. I bought the Medium, they said Med was for cars that are outside 24//7 like mine.

af90
06-02-2013, 07:38 PM
You may get some increased marring with the Medium so take it easy and little pressure. You need to break it in on the glass because of the protective coating that's put it for shipping purposes.

SonOfOC
06-02-2013, 10:00 PM
You're gonna need to break in on glass. Even then, the medium will leave marring on soft to medium paint.

Don't start unless you plan on polishing.

DogRescuer
06-03-2013, 05:05 AM
You may get some increased marring with the Medium so take it easy and little pressure. You need to break it in on the glass because of the protective coating that's put it for shipping purposes.
Thank you, I would have thought that they would send some insructions.

You're gonna need to break in on glass. Even then, the medium will leave marring on soft to medium paint.

Don't start unless you plan on polishing.
Maybe I should get the fine, I keep it in good shape but it is outside 24/7