PDA

View Full Version : Scuff question - HELP

froll
05-29-2007, 06:48 AM
Hi guys. Well after 15 months it finally happened. This morning, my daughter was pulling out of the driveway (Ford Escape) and got a little too close to my black M35x. The lower vinyl trim of the Escape lightly scuffed the rear quarter panel of my M right above the wheel well along with a small portion of the lower rear passenger's door. Yeah, I am REALLY PO'ed. Its not that bad and a real quick QD before I left lightened it up. At first glance you might not even notice it - but I certainly know it's there. My plan when I get home home tonight is to hit it with the FPII on a white LCC. I know its tough to offer advice without a pic, but I'll ask anyway. Does FPII have enough aggressiveness on a white pad to level it out or do you think I should go to an orange pad with FPII or even IP. Needless to say I am really sick about this since I take such care of the car and after 15 months have no scratches, dings etc. Combine this with the fact that I just PC'ed the car 2 weeks ago for the summer prep. Thanks for the help

Al-53
05-29-2007, 07:06 AM
If is just a paint transfer either a white or green pad will remove it...you may even be able to clean it off by hand with a yellow wax applicator if it is not to bad with a lite polish ...but FPII with a white will clean it and finish it up nicely....

AL

BILL
05-29-2007, 07:09 AM
If is just a paint transfer either a white or green pad will remove it...you may even be able to clean it off by hand with a yellow wax applicator if it is not to bad with a lite polish ...but FPII with a white will clean it and finish it up nicely....

AL

Agree........but i'd try by hand first with a M.F. applicator.....

BlackCoupe
05-29-2007, 07:45 AM
Hi guys. Well after 15 months it finally happened. This morning, my daughter was pulling out of the driveway (Ford Escape) and got a little too close to my black M35x. The lower vinyl trim of the Escape lightly scuffed the rear quarter panel of my M right above the wheel well along with a small portion of the lower rear passenger's door. Yeah, I am REALLY PO'ed. Its not that bad and a real quick QD before I left lightened it up. At first glance you might not even notice it - but I certainly know it's there. My plan when I get home home tonight is to hit it with the FPII on a white LCC. I know its tough to offer advice without a pic, but I'll ask anyway. Does FPII have enough aggressiveness on a white pad to level it out or do you think I should go to an orange pad with FPII or even IP. Needless to say I am really sick about this since I take such care of the car and after 15 months have no scratches, dings etc. Combine this with the fact that I just PC'ed the car 2 weeks ago for the summer prep. Thanks for the help

If part of the problem is paint transfer, I would make sure the area is clean, and then see what you can do with clay, then move on to whatever combo of pad and product you need, working from least aggressive to more aggressive, then coming back the other way.

Accidents happen. I prolly wrecked four cars between age 16 and 21. One was a Triumph GT6 I worked three jobs to get, and only had it two weeks.

froll
05-29-2007, 08:16 AM
Thanks guys. Fortunately, there is NO paint transfer since the vinyl trim is black as is my car. I also want to thank you for the quick responses. Now the problem is keeping focused today and not leaving too early from work so I can address the problem.

BILL
05-29-2007, 08:40 AM
Thanks guys. Fortunately, there is NO paint transfer since the vinyl trim is black as is my car. I also want to thank you for the quick responses. Now the problem is keeping focused today and not leaving too early from work so I can address the problem.

I know this will be on your mind allllllllllllllllllllllllll day:o

froll
05-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Thanks for your replies. Got home tonight and realized that the scuffing while not deeper then I thought was much longer extending almost the width of the rear passengers door. Did a quick wash and clay and went right to Menzerna FPII on a 4" white pad. OMG -- it was like taking an eraser to pencil. Back to smooth as silk with no trace of scuffing. I love my PC. What an emotionally draining day thinking about this. Thanks again. All is right with the world and even better since my Memorial Day AG order will be here Friday.