PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new washer

Pages : [1] 2

Al-53
05-29-2007, 06:43 AM
Yesterday I bought a new washer...I went to 5 places since it was a big sale day....I was looking for either a LG...Bosch...Whirlpool.or Frigidaire .....boy is hard to make decisions on a washer..so many bells and whistles...some steam clean..some have water heaters in them....some talk and tell you your wash is done.....I did a lot of research also..I called repair centers to see what models had the most calls for repairs...

I have a Speed Queen (20 years old) now that still works flawlessly but wanted a front loader...For my towels..LOL....

I ended up getting the LG model based on warranty and repair rates...

There are only 2 of us in the house so no heavy use from kids clothes....glad thats over....

here is the one I got LG Washers - Model WM0642HW: Home Appliances > Laundry > Washers > WM0642HW (http://us.lge.com/products/model/detail/home%20appliances_laundry_washers_WM0642HW.jhtml)

it was regular 996 marked down to 806 and I had a 40.00 gift card...and a 100.00 rebate from our electric company for being energy efficient ...

can't wait for it to come so I can wash all my towels in it..LOL....

I am keeping my old one also to wash the grungy stuff in...

If any one has a LG washer let me know what you think of yours...

Al

BILL
05-29-2007, 07:19 AM
Yesterday I bought a new washer...I went to 5 places since it was a big sale day....I was looking for either a LG...Bosch...Whirlpool.or Frigidaire .....boy is hard to make decisions on a washer..so many bells and whistles...some steam clean..some have water heaters in them....some talk and tell you your wash is done.....I did a lot of research also..I called repair centers to see what models had the most calls for repairs...

I have a Speed Queen (20 years old) now that still works flawlessly but wanted a front loader...For my towels..LOL....

I ended up getting the LG model based on warranty and repair rates...

There are only 2 of us in the house so no heavy use from kids clothes....glad thats over....

here is the one I got LG Washers - Model WM0642HW: Home Appliances > Laundry > Washers > WM0642HW (http://us.lge.com/products/model/detail/home%20appliances_laundry_washers_WM0642HW.jhtml)

it was regular 996 marked down to 806 and I had a 40.00 gift card...and a 100.00 rebate from our electric company for being energy efficient ...

can't wait for it to come so I can wash all my towels in it..LOL....

I am keeping my old one also to wash the grungy stuff in...

If any one has a LG washer let me know what you think of yours...

Al

Hey Al..........we bought the L.G titaninum front loader a few months back and we love it........its not the same model as your but the quality is there just the eame

good luck with it........

here's what we have

LG WM1815CS Titanium Washer -LG Washers -Laundry -CuttingEdgeAppliances (http://www.cuttingedgeappliances.com/product.php?productid=1314&cat=0&page=1)

paradog
05-29-2007, 07:38 AM
FUnny you posted this...We are looking to get a stackable W/D and LG was one of the models I was looking at. Nice to get some feedback on the company!

P1et
05-29-2007, 07:55 AM
I wish we had a front loader, it's all you can get in Europe! A nice Miele is on my list!

Mike T
05-29-2007, 08:04 AM
FUnny you posted this...We are looking to get a stackable W/D and LG was one of the models I was looking at. Nice to get some feedback on the company!
Same here, but looking for side-by-side.
Thats a great deal you got Al. I didn't go anywhere yet to check out deals. I relied on the adds to show me the specials and I didn't see much. So I thought I would keep researching. Thanks for this Thread. It helps.

Al-53
05-29-2007, 08:05 AM
Hey Al..........we bought the L.G titaninum front loader a few months back and we love it........its not the same model as your but the quality is there just the eame

good luck with it........

here's what we have

LG WM1815CS Titanium Washer -LG Washers -Laundry -CuttingEdgeAppliances (http://www.cuttingedgeappliances.com/product.php?productid=1314&cat=0&page=1)

Bill nice washer...I was told the one you have is very simular to the one I have...just mine has the controls on the back...and the one I have has a 1100 rpm spin...i may have to bolt it the floor to prevent lift off ..LOL...

I have heard nothing but good on LG

AL

Gary Sword
05-29-2007, 08:12 AM
Microfiber towels are the only thing I ever wash. My wife does everything else. I just put a load of microfibers in the washer this morning. As usually I always forget to put them in the dryer until hours latter. AL, thanks for reminding me that I need to go put them in the dryer. Good luck with you new washer.

BILL
05-29-2007, 08:38 AM
Microfiber towels are the only thing I ever wash. My wife does everything else. I just put a load of microfibers in the washer this morning. As usually I always forget to put them in the dryer until hours latter. AL, thanks for reminding me that I need to go put them in the dryer. Good luck with you new dryer.

Im going to do as AL does and use my old 18 year washer for my M./F towels. and dirty rags......im happy to have my very own washer even though its an oldie.......:righton:

ScottB
05-29-2007, 09:46 AM
remember to always check Sears ... there brand Kenmore is actually a repackaged product from other vendors, usually at lower price. As for the washer/dryer, my wife has had the front loading Duets for about two years and loves them. Me ... I dont do laundry.

Al-53
05-29-2007, 09:56 AM
I did check Sears...but they did not have the model I was looking for....Sears has one the best customer services going...and good prices..I have bought other appliances there and very happy I did...

Al

GearHead_1
05-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Didn't see whether you had considered this or not. One word, "pedestals". Those of us with bad backs really appreciate a pedestal. So nice to not have to bend over to load the laundry. Make sure you're able to open the doors on the two machines in opposite directions (sometimes this is an orientation issue, some have doors that can be mounted either way). You want to be able to stand in between the two open doors. It makes it very easy to move clothes from the washer to the dryer.

GearHead_1
05-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Sears has one the best customer services going...and good prices.

Al
I'm not sure if I'm with you on the customer service thing. I built a new home about 1 1/2 years ago and bought all of my appliances through them. We shopped other stores for the best price and then Sears would beat it by 10%. Purchased Amana, Kenmore, Whirlpool from them. In the first year of ownership we had the Amana dishwasher replaced twice and finally had the most expensive Kenmore installed. The Amana microwave oven went bad after only 10 days of use also. Now you may think that Amana is my problem and I'm pointing my finger at the wrong entity here but hear me out. We also purchased an entire garage set of Gladiator made by Whirlpool cabinets, tables, lockers. Between product no shows, dented products, defective products and product going bad it took us an entire year to get things straightened out (I still have dented Gladiator cabinets but I'm just too weary to carry the fight further).

I can't even tell you how many times I was told someone would get back to me and then never receive a phone call. We've documented the contacts and have 32 separate communications between Sears (various departments, delivery, repair, sales associates, department managers, store managers) and ourselves that we initiated. We have exactly 4 communications where they actually got back to us. Having spent over $10,000 on this particular purchase group you would think someone would be willing to address your problem. We went through a whole store of people including the Store Manager only to have him drop the ball on us as well (he failed to call me 3 separate times that he told me he would). It used to be that if your problem rose to the level of a store manager it was fixed, period. Sears since joining KMart is not the Sears we once new. Two separate Sears repairman came to my home several times, I got to know them fairly well. They basically cried on my shoulder about how bad things had gotten for them under the KMart umbrella (everything from their pay, benefits, consolidation of central service areas and parts availability). They knew the customer was being mistreated. One of them told me that every day he felt like he was going into the field to screw someone on behalf of Sears.

I thought I was pretty well over this. It's kind of like Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, it's all coming back to me. Oh, the pain.

Mike T
05-29-2007, 10:37 AM
So I should definitely stay away from Sears. I have a Home Depot credit card, so I think I'm gonna stop by tonight and take a look at what they have.

Nimble
05-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Home Depot not only have great products, but they (imo) have a great attitude towards business, and I appreciate their moves toward "going greener."

Nice LG there Al, they sure do have nice tv's too....haha. Oh yeah, and the phones. ;)

Al-53
05-29-2007, 10:52 AM
sounds like you had a bad ordeal Gearhead....I bought a MAytag frige and a month later it was making a noise..I called sears and they swapped it out for a new one....but I guess stuff happens and leaves a bad taste in your mouth....

as far as tools I like them..I swap out a tool once a month it seems..lol

AL