PDA

View Full Version : Windows

Pages : [1] 2

DogRescuer
06-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Can you guys give me some of your pro help and share with me , how you get these windows clean in the sun. It seems like my cleaner is gone from the sun before I can wipe it off. How do I work with this issue.

Shane731
06-01-2013, 02:54 PM
I don't know of any glass cleaner that will work in the sun. Windows need to be cool and in the shade, otherwise you're just creating problems.

sproketser
06-01-2013, 03:00 PM
Tell me about it ! lol It doesn t work when hot too ! lol , Funny now , wasn t that day ! lol

Cosmin
06-01-2013, 03:00 PM
onr from wash , have 2 towels ready ,one for dry one for finish.
working in sun takes 10x more energy so be fast.
also wipe in cross helps.
sometime i use damp towel in onr wash if i don`t wanna mess the finish , in case the car is washed already.
i keep handy a bottle of window cleaner concetrate 1:11 meg , or an eraser carpro, this are used in more delicate cases.

inside you have to be quicker than outside because is the heat trapped in the vehicle.

swanicyouth
06-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Dont use any chemicals. After the windows are "clean", use a CarPro Fast Glass Towel and a sprayer with DI water. Take your sweet time.

inDetail
06-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Yes. Car pro Fast Glass Towel. No chemicals no paper towels. Order a few now.
If you have to go chemicals don't use any household glass cleaner you will loose. In a pinch I use Stoner's (aerosol only) and tight knit MF towels. I guess they would be polish removing towels. They have the most bite. You have to clean in the shade at best or in the early morning. Heat and Sun will dry up the best of glass cleaners in a flash.

One towel to spread the cleaner another to buff off. Spray wipe cross hatch pattern across left and right then up and down. Then buff it down with the other towel until you feel the towel bite the glass and drag. Work fast and let the towels do the cleaning.

Then throw all that stuff out when the Car pro towels arrive. You will thank us. My wife did. You will never buy glass cleaner again. 88 cents of distilled water and 2 towels does the whole house windows inside and out and every single mirror. In 1/2 the time.

DogRescuer
06-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Dont use any chemicals. After the windows are "clean", use a CarPro Fast Glass Towel and a sprayer with DI water. Take your sweet time.
So carpro towels and straight distilled water, and bam. Where do i buy these?

nissenc1337
06-01-2013, 10:05 PM
Newspaper and glass cleaner while attacking small spots at a time. Spray onto the newspaper liberally to wipe down an area, turn the paper over, which should be dry, and remove any left over residue the sun hasn't dried up.

The problem is the glass is being heated from the outside and inside. Spraying only adds a thin layer of chemical which is easily dried by the sun. You can combat it with the above method or spray a liberal amount of cleaner onto a smaller portion of glass and wipe it off.

I recommend newspaper when removing cleaner from any type of glass indoors or outdoors. It's typically free and leaves no streaks or lint.

AeroCleanse
06-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Use steam

Cosmin
06-02-2013, 03:13 AM
Use steam

not on the inside , may damage the tint...

VP Mark
06-02-2013, 07:42 AM
Apply the cleaner to the towel rather than the glass. After pass flip towel over to finish.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

DogRescuer
06-02-2013, 07:50 AM
Apply the cleaner to the towel rather than the glass. After pass flip towel over to finish.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online
thanks

poweraid
06-02-2013, 08:08 AM
+++ on the fast glass towels .

sproketser
06-02-2013, 08:28 AM
Will need some of those as well .

inDetail
06-02-2013, 09:24 AM
carpro-us.com
is where you can pick up the towels. i have seen other one's out there. I think they are called zap towels. I'm not sure if they are the same so I just buy the one's from car pro.
Other then that I stick to Stoner's aerosol and MF polishing towels