PDA

View Full Version : Getting Naked!

Pages : [1] 2

paradog
05-29-2007, 06:40 AM
So whats the best way remove all the wax and sealants so you have a fresh surface to work with? Dawn? Alocohol and water?

Al-53
05-29-2007, 06:52 AM
So whats the best way remove all the wax and sealants so you have a fresh surface to work with? Dawn? Alocohol and water?

any body cleaning lotion will clean off all the wax....or P21s Total body wash...or a citrus cleaner....

Dawn is over rated..it does not remove it all....doe not do good removeing sealants..

If you are going to polish then that will remove it all...a AIO type product will remove old wax and sealants ..plus leave a base for new wax or sealant...

Prep sol will take it all off..can get it at wal mart...

AL

BILL
05-29-2007, 07:11 AM

Id try the ISO wash........that should do it....

ScottB
05-29-2007, 09:58 AM
I certainly didnt expect a title of post like this from you ....

Jimmie
05-29-2007, 11:06 AM
A polish, AIO, or Pinnacle paintwork cleansing lotion.

GearHead_1
05-29-2007, 01:40 PM
I don't mean to over simplify this but..... the next round of polish always worked well for me. :p

What I'm saying is if the finish is clean and you're fully detailing it, most chemical or abrasive polishes will remove any previous LSP (even Klasse SG will come off with a mild polish).

ScottB
05-29-2007, 01:57 PM
I don't mean to over simplify this but..... the next round of polish always worked well for me. :p

What I'm saying is if the finish is clean and you're fully detailing it, most chemical or abrasive polishes will remove any previous LSP (even Klasse SG will come off with a mild polish).

:cheers:

and yes sometimes we overcalculate items and thus add unnecessary work.

paradog
05-29-2007, 02:14 PM
I certainly didnt expect a title of post like this from you ....

Got your attention! AndI'm feeling frisky! LOL

Racin10s
05-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Got your attention! AndI'm feeling frisky! LOL

:cool: :cool:

quantim0
05-29-2007, 03:53 PM
I used PPCL for the first time last week and I was really impressed. It left the paint nice and clean and a great starting point for XMT Glaze and Souveran. The car looks great.

tod071
05-29-2007, 05:05 PM
My vote's for P21S TAW. Stripped everything off, and unlike Dawn, it's meant to be used on cars. Pricey, but well worth it. Wheel wells, engine cleaning, and removing all polishes/waxes/sealants.

soonermike
05-29-2007, 10:15 PM
I used PPCL for the first time last week and I was really impressed. It left the paint nice and clean and a great starting point for XMT Glaze and Souveran. The car looks great.

:iagree: I totally 2nd that. I used Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion on my wife's black 94 Lexus before I got my PC. Then after I got my PC I thought I would "re-do" the car with XMT. Turns out the car only needed the PCL and after I "re-did" the hood and I couldn't notice any difference I stopped using the PC on it. Now my 92 Legend was a different story!

ltoman
05-30-2007, 12:07 AM
wow todd, you must be excited about the end of school! rofl

Tex Star Detail
05-30-2007, 09:23 AM
and to think I got naked so I can read this thread...

the nerve of some people................

lol

Al-53
05-30-2007, 09:34 AM
and to think I got naked so I can read this thread...

the nerve of some people................

lol

You just ruined my breakfast..me pictureing you naked gave me a gag reflux....lol....it's hard enough to see you in those pimpin shorts...

LOL

AL