PDA

View Full Version : Meg's ultimate polish

Alex Haramic
05-31-2013, 06:30 PM
What's a good finishing polish to apply after using megs ultimate polish or do I even need a finishing polish with this product?

hernandez.art13
05-31-2013, 06:43 PM
I would

If you want to stick with Meguiar's,

I have never used this one but Meguiar's #21

Then you can top that with some wax, carnauba wax.

(I wonder if glaze can be used after the sealant, then carnauba wax after the glaze lol)

hernandez.art13
05-31-2013, 06:45 PM
Is sealant > glaze > carnauba wax possible?

Or would it be

Glaze > sealant > carnauba wax? Lol

jimjc
05-31-2013, 06:54 PM
Megs UL. polish depends on the pad you use to apply. A more aggressive foam pad will handle more paint damage, a less aggressive foam pad will handle less.

I`m assuming you have a buffer?

cardaddy
05-31-2013, 07:50 PM
That IS a finishing polish. Now if you want to jewel it a bit you can move to a finer pad.

For a great sealant with Megs go to M21 2.0 and a green or gray pad to apply, on speed 3. You can then let that cure for 12 to 24 hours and even top it with Megs Ultimate Liquid Wax and it'll seriously open up the depth.

Another topper, that happens to be able to be applied on top quicker than ULW would be Megs M26. (The reason is; ULW is more of a sealant and as such is similar to just putting another coat of the same, which as we know... when applied too thick tends to smear.) The durability though is MUCH less than ULW, but the shine is better. I use all the above all the time actually.

What I'm wondering about is something like a WOWA sealant on top of M21. Why? Because typically sealants of that type (the WOWO ones) have a slick oily, sexy feeling. It is not ACTUALLY oily, but that it has a 'feel' beneath your fingers that just oozes and has that texture to it. But the WOWA sealant doesn't.

Might be a way to 'lock in' the WOWO sealant and make it better???????? I know guys use it, BF Crystal Seal over All Finish Paint Protection and WG DG Liquid Seal over WG DG Paint Sealant 3.0 all the time. Psssst this is a secret..... if Meguiar's is listening out there, MAKE A WOWA SEALANT!

Guess I'll need to do testing on my own huh? ;)

Alex Haramic
05-31-2013, 08:40 PM
That IS a finishing polish. Now if you want to jewel it a bit you can move to a finer pad.

For a great sealant with Megs go to M21 2.0 and a green or gray pad to apply, on speed 3. You can then let that cure for 12 to 24 hours and even top it with Megs Ultimate Liquid Wax and it'll seriously open up the depth.

Another topper, that happens to be able to be applied on top quicker than ULW would be Megs M26. (The reason is; ULW is more of a sealant and as such is similar to just putting another coat of the same, which as we know... when applied too thick tends to smear.) The durability though is MUCH less than ULW, but the shine is better. I use all the above all the time actually.

What I'm wondering about is something like a WOWA sealant on top of M21. Why? Because typically sealants of that type (the WOWO ones) have a slick oily, sexy feeling. It is not ACTUALLY oily, but that it has a 'feel' beneath your fingers that just oozes and has that texture to it. But the WOWA sealant doesn't.

Might be a way to 'lock in' the WOWO sealant and make it better???????? I know guys use it, BF Crystal Seal over All Finish Paint Protection and WG DG Liquid Seal over WG DG Paint Sealant 3.0 all the time. Psssst this is a secret..... if Meguiar's is listening out there, MAKE A WOWA SEALANT!

Guess I'll need to do testing on my own huh? ;)

Very helpful advice say I did this procedure wash clay polish followed by Meg's ultimate polish since u said I can use it as a finishing polish then spray oil&polish cleanser then apply then Meg's 21 wait 12 to 24 hrs so it can bond with the paint then apply Meg's NXT liquid wax sound good? Now if I have very light swirls that you barely can see I can skip the light polishing and just go with Meg's ultimate polish ? With different pad and when u say jewling would I be doing that with the Meg's 21 when applying or can I use a wax pad

c8n
05-31-2013, 11:01 PM
Have you bought products already or are making a shopping list? If already bought, what do you have? Are you working by hand or do you have a DA?