PDA

View Full Version : Interior question

hernandez.art13
05-31-2013, 03:26 PM
I want to do my sister the favor of doing an interior detail (free of charge) , mostly the stains. So she doesn't have to go pay for it. Is it possible with the equipment I have?

I have the chemical guys brush, that attaches to my PC and chemical guys APC.

I am thinking the chemical guys brush might be to aggressive however. And the APC is to liquidity. And will just bleed through.

The mothers interior brushes come to mind and folex.

(I think) this won't properly fix it but more like mask it, because she would need an extractor (don't know the proper name) She can't afford to pay for a "Proper Detail", because she is a full time student/mom. so i would like to do her the favor.

Help and Suggestions are welcome, criticisms are not. (Might make this might signature haha)

Chemical guys brush

Thanks fellow Detailer's

AeroCleanse
05-31-2013, 04:23 PM
Folex and the DA brush should do the trick, just watch your speed and pressure.

If you are worried, use Folex and rub with a microfiber towel until the stain is out.

hernandez.art13
05-31-2013, 05:32 PM
If it's this then wow! Super cheap and from the reviews I've read on here. It gets the job done. Plus it's over the counter.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Folex-128-oz-Instant-Spot-Remover-FSR128/202263006

shoeless89
05-31-2013, 06:17 PM
Folex is one of the best kept secrets of mankind. I never used it until I came here and heard about it but I haven't used anything else in years now

hernandez.art13
05-31-2013, 06:23 PM
My detailing technique has converted from black to white, thanks to AG and it's generous and skilled members!

inDetail
05-31-2013, 06:34 PM
I'm hooked on CG Lightning. It takes just about everything out. If you need to do alot of scrubbing dilute it well scrub and rinse. You can use an extractor. The only time it let me down was a 2 year old orange soda stain. Turned it yellow on light tan interior I was able to work the area around it to blend it in so it was just about gone unless you looked for it.

TCFatboy
05-31-2013, 06:41 PM
Folex if you have it already, the brush, Mftowel, a bucket of water to clean your Mftowel, rinse it good.

Pre-Vac
Pre-spray the Folex
give a couple of minutes
Hand brush
the Pass with the Towel
And give an extra pass, with your Vac. so it help´s you more and not living to wet the carpet.

Ofcourse remember to pull out the Air filter from your Vac. so you are gonna use it in Wet Mode!!

If you diluted to much, use it a little bit more straigh, for nastier jobs in the future!!!

Good luck with it!!!

statusdetailing
05-31-2013, 07:12 PM
Without an extractor all I would use is Folex, like the other guys mentioned. It is rinseless and non ionic. Use it straight, undiluted.

sproketser
05-31-2013, 07:29 PM
Thanx for this thread op , learn another new thing today mate !

AeroCleanse
05-31-2013, 07:38 PM
Folex is one of the best in store carpet cleaners.

sproketser
05-31-2013, 07:42 PM
I need something like that , need to clean my car s carpet .

statusdetailing
05-31-2013, 09:01 PM
I would like to mention that folex can be used in this case but its best use is as a spotter. Its best when fabric or carpet has been thoroughly cleaned and extracted and is already beginning to dry. Its excellent for removing light stains that may wick back up

swanicyouth
05-31-2013, 09:24 PM
I recommend Folex as well. Buy it by the gallon at Home Depot for $15.99. This product just works well. I use it in my house on the carpets, and works perfect to clean spots out of upholstery or and fabric. You can even use it on clothes.

I just used it to clean cat throw up out of my micro suede couch using the following method. The best part about Folex, is its not super soapy, and it's OK to leave some in the carpet or material. It doesn't leave a "cleaner stain".

You can "extract" a lot of dirt yourself using Folex and hot water in a spray bottle with a good shop vac. Here is how I do it:

1. Spray liberally with Folex. This product works best if it just soaks in for 10 minutes or more.

2. Scrub area well with some type of brush. Be careful the brush isn't too stif to damage the material or carpet from heavy scrubbing.

3. Spray a little more Folex and some hot water from a spray bottle. Start slowly sucking it up with a shop vac. Repeat one or two times more with just the water and a shop vac.

4. Get the area as dry as possible with the shop vac.

This method takes some time, but you get excellent results for not using an extractor. All the greasy dirt becomes emulsified by the Folex and water, and gets sucked out with the shop vac leaving your carpet clean.

hernandez.art13
05-31-2013, 11:33 PM
After cleaning the interior spots is there an over the counter sealant I can get. To help prevent stains on carpet and seats.

Opti coat for interior would be awesome hahaha 😂

swanicyouth
05-31-2013, 11:44 PM
303 Fabric Guard, available at most boat stores. ScotchGuard, is OK, but 303 is meant to hold up to outside conditions, so its tougher and longer lasting IME.