PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang PPE removal tips

WRXINXS
05-31-2013, 05:21 AM
Just used PPE for the first time yesterday with LC black pads followed by a coat of DGPS 3.0.

I loved the results, but found the product difficult to remove and had to buff it off with more pressure than I would have liked on my soft paint.

Any tips to either using the product in a way that makes it easier to remove or good removal tips? I did not want to dampen my removal towel with either QD/ONR/UWW+ as I did not want to remove the glaze aspect of the PPE while trying to remove it.

Over the course of the car I learned that it was somewhat easier to remove with:
1. Less passes
2. Remove when wet (Do not let haze)
3. Use less product (And by less I mean very, very, very sparingly)

Drew

mwoolfso
05-31-2013, 06:06 AM
Crazily enough I have never had problems removing PPE; but I have had trouble with other pre-wax cleaners. I attributed my problems to using too much product and letting the product dry.

RMM
05-31-2013, 06:24 AM
I also never had any problems with WGPPE. I think you either left it for too long on the paint or used too much product.

Chase.Barnett
05-31-2013, 08:18 AM
I also had problems when I put it on my 2013 Passat. That was my first experience with the product and its sat on my shelf since then.

Pulled it out yesterday since I'm doing a full correction on a highly neglected black escalade.

After I clayed and corrected/polished with XMT #3, I used the PPE. This experience was totally different than my first. It buffed off like a wax. It couldn't have been any easier to do than it already was. I'm thinking claying the surface has something to do with it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

cleanmycorolla
06-19-2013, 04:10 PM
I treat all paint cleaners as wipe on, wait 30 seconds wipe off. Seems best and never had issues with them stripping LSP or cleaning the paint.