PDA

View Full Version : New MF cloths, wash first?

Spiney
05-31-2013, 03:55 AM
I've got a new shipment of Cobra MF towels and a new bag of another brand towels. I also purchased my first bottle of MF cleaner/rejuvenator from AG. Blackfire I think. Should I wash the towels before my first use?

If so can I machine dry on low?

I have a show to prep for today and I don't want to reintroduce swirls into my black Cobra Mustang.

Thanks, Dave

DaHen
05-31-2013, 05:06 AM
Yes, give them a good wash in your favorite micro-fiber detergent. I set my dryer on high, but low is ok. Or sometimes I just let them air dry on the clothes rack.

Shortspark
05-31-2013, 05:31 AM
I always wash a new microfiber towel first only because I've heard that is what to do. I'm not sure it is absolutely necessary however. I dry on the low setting as well but sometimes (if the weather is right) I stretch a clothes line out back and let them air dry. Make sure it is not too windy and the pollen is gone before doing this.

BradsDetailing
05-31-2013, 05:40 AM
I use Cobra's, both the gold and purple, without washing them first without any issues

BobbyG
05-31-2013, 05:57 AM
The only two towels I wash first are the waffle weave glass towels and Guzzler drying towels. For some reason they tend to absorb better when washed and dried once...but that's just me...

RMM
05-31-2013, 06:17 AM
I always wash them first: you don't know what kind of debris may be "hidding" in there.
Towels also tend to lint if not washed before because there are always some loose threads hanging in there...
Finally, you never know what kind of harsh chemicals may be still in the towel after the production process.

Ecrissman
05-31-2013, 08:11 AM
I wash them first, take little effort and like said above.. what if some type of debris would be in the fibers from the manufacturing process, facility, or during packaging. Not worth the risk to me.

FASTFRED
05-31-2013, 10:36 AM
I always wash my new towels first. :xyxthumbs:

poweraid
05-31-2013, 11:43 AM
I wash new towels always before putting them to use . be careful of putting any light/darks together as some towels can bleed bad . don't ask me how I know . lol