PDA

View Full Version : 10 Employees :/ Getting Hectic!

Bates Detailing
05-30-2013, 10:53 PM
Hey guys, just hired employee #10 yesterday! By far the most yet since inception 3 years ago! I really think that by this time next year we will employ 20 + crewmembers! Can't wait to have crews going every direction that actually know and understand DETAILING! I think to have 10 guys (5 of which I trust on their own) that can perform high quality details is awesome! Im excited about this year and cant wait to see what happens! :dblthumb2:

EWtheDETAILER
05-30-2013, 11:14 PM
Congrats man! B&B is doing big things in Tennesee! Its awesome to see you guys evolve as a company! I'm currently at 3 employees...2 that I trust by them selves and one in training...It is tough to let your employees detail on their own especially when at the end of the day your the one with your name behind it! True detailing can't be learned over night! Keep up the hard work man! :dblthumb2:

Pureshine
05-31-2013, 12:17 AM
Congrats looks like things are going good for you :)

mwoolfso
05-31-2013, 06:09 AM
Nice job guys. You are showing what can be done with thoughtful management and leadership, combined with steady-progress growing your base.

Anthony@zerboautoworks
05-31-2013, 06:52 AM
Since you growing at a rapid rate and sharing your knowledge with your employees. I would look into making them sign a non-compete agreement.

VP Mark
05-31-2013, 07:18 AM
Great job!! Care to share some of the marketing strategies that have been effective in increasing your customer base enough to support that many employees?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

g35_coupe
05-31-2013, 09:11 PM
Nice. Remember to slowly (or cautiously) expand. A lot of businesses fail from wanting to grow with temporary demand and then they have to make cuts to make ends meet or prevent an ordeal down the line. Sounds like you know what you're doing and have several years of being established but 100% growth is pretty extreme IMO.

FUNX650
06-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Good for you Anthony!! :props:

(BTW: When does the "franchising" begin?)

Training:
IMO...Proper training is a necessity in the discipline of Detailing...
especially when you and your Company's name/reputation is on the line.
Your senior employees, that were trained by B&B, will set the bar for the new hires.

Also, if I may add:
The new hires should be made aware that if one of them happen to 'lose' a Cyclo overboard...
You have a couple of very close relatives that are now, (no doubt):
Very well-trained in the various disciplines of martial arts!! :D

Keep up the good work, my good Man.

:)

Bob

sproketser
06-01-2013, 08:23 AM
Congrats about the growth mate !

Pats300zx
06-01-2013, 09:40 AM
Congrats...:xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs:

SuperiorAutoLLC
06-01-2013, 08:00 PM
That is so awesome; congratulations guys!!

A-train
06-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Very cool man! Congrats on the rapid growth and I hope the expansion continues!

DogRescuer
06-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Hey guys, just hired employee #10 yesterday! By far the most yet since inception 3 years ago! I really think that by this time next year we will employ 20 + crewmembers! Can't wait to have crews going every direction that actually know and understand DETAILING! I think to have 10 guys (5 of which I trust on their own) that can perform high quality details is awesome! Im excited about this year and cant wait to see what happens! :dblthumb2:
Congrats!

Bates Detailing
06-04-2013, 11:47 PM
Congrats man! B&B is doing big things in Tennesee! Its awesome to see you guys evolve as a company! I'm currently at 3 employees...2 that I trust by them selves and one in training...It is tough to let your employees detail on their own especially when at the end of the day your the one with your name behind it! True detailing can't be learned over night! Keep up the hard work man! :dblthumb2:

Thanks man! Yeah - from my experience it takes about a year to train a guy to be able to perform 80% of what we do and be great at it..... most guys can do basics by themselves within a month, but to master the rotary, da, products for each industry, and get the eye - it takes about a year IMO.

Congrats looks like things are going good for you :)

Thanks Bro!

Nice job guys. You are showing what can be done with thoughtful management and leadership, combined with steady-progress growing your base.

Getting there man - We just detailed the President of the TN Chamber of Commerce's car and she says if you are able to turn a profit and take a paycheck by year three then you are golden! Im super stoked after hearing that!

Since you growing at a rapid rate and sharing your knowledge with your employees. I would look into making them sign a non-compete agreement.

Every single one of them signs one before being hired :props:

Great job!! Care to share some of the marketing strategies that have been effective in increasing your customer base enough to support that many employees?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Word of mouth bro - Ive wasted thousands on advertising that produced very little. Word of mouth is where its at man, takes time but it eventually snowballs!

Nice. Remember to slowly (or cautiously) expand. A lot of businesses fail from wanting to grow with temporary demand and then they have to make cuts to make ends meet or prevent an ordeal down the line. Sounds like you know what you're doing and have several years of being established but 100% growth is pretty extreme IMO.

I agree for sure - thats what happened to us last year for sure and it almost made us go broke. This year we are MUCH more organized and prepared for just about anything. We have all the numbers properly broken down for once. We have to make over 600 in Revenue most days now just to break even after labor, fixed, and variable costs, but we are well exceeding those numbers fortunately. Many guys are actually getting 10 + hours of overtime every week which tells me we could probably hire another 1 or 2 guys! We are ready this year man :dblthumb2:

Good for you Anthony!! :props:

(BTW: When does the "franchising" begin?)

Training:
IMO...Proper training is a necessity in the discipline of Detailing...
especially when you and your Company's name/reputation is on the line.
Your senior employees, that were trained by B&B, will set the bar for the new hires.

Also, if I may add:
The new hires should be made aware that if one of them happen to 'lose' a Cyclo overboard...
You have a couple of very close relatives that are now, (no doubt):
Very well-trained in the various disciplines of martial arts!! :D

Keep up the good work, my good Man.

:)

Bob

LOL - We wrap the cyclo cords in our belt loops now lol when working on boats in the water - learned the hard way!

T3 AutoDetails
06-05-2013, 01:55 AM
Man that's great Anthony! When I first joined here you weren't as big and it is great to see another person as passionate about being successful with the craft of "Detailing" such as yourself. I love hearing the updates within your company. It makes me not so nervous about being new in business.

Just shows when you want to be successful it can happen with alot of hard work and dedication! Keep it up man!

-Tory