PDA

View Full Version : Tire dressing without blooming?

66gtk
05-30-2013, 12:29 PM
Is there such a tire dressing out there that doesn't result in brown blooming after a short while that requires a strip and recoat? I've been going without dressing on my past two vehicles and found them easier to keep clean with a nice matte finish.

My new car is black, so now the tires look out of place if not dressed (albeit cleaned well). I hate the SHINY / GLOSSY look of most dressings. I just want a deep finish without excess gloss that doesn't get brown and waxy looking.

Any suggestions?

JHL88
05-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Adam's Super VRT is a great choice. Nice deep black matte look, no slinging and water-based. will not brown your tires

c8n
05-30-2013, 12:47 PM
Perhaps you might want to look into Meg's Hyper Dressing.
You can dilute this to whatever shine level you want.
I have only used this in the last month only but I have not seen any brown staining so far.

ihaveacamaro
05-30-2013, 01:11 PM
I like Carpro PERL! For black but not shiny, dilute 1:2 or 1:3 :)

FUNX650
05-30-2013, 01:26 PM
Long story short:

-The browning/blooming is a by-product of the tire manufacturers': Tire-making-formulations.

-It has been said that the only way to stop browning/blooming is to actually 'seal-up' the tires.

Accordingly:
(There are others)...But:
"TufShine Tire ClearCoat" is one such product that is advertised to perform this function.

TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat, tuf shine tire dressing, permanent tire shine, permanent tire sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/tuf-shine-tire-clearcoat.html)

:)

Bob

Minoan212
05-30-2013, 03:42 PM
Another vote for PERL here. I really love the looks it gives my tires.

crober53
05-30-2013, 04:00 PM
Megs Endurance tire shine. You can buy it anywhere and a light coat won't shine much. I have it on my truck and its been 3 months since my Touchup. Still nice and black.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AG Online

FUNX650
05-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Adam's Super VRT is a great choice. Nice deep black matte look, no slinging and water-based.
will not brown your tires

Are "tire dressings" the responsible parties for browning/blooming?
I say: "NO"!!

Perhaps you might want to look into Meg's Hyper Dressing.

Adam's Super VRT is a great choice

I like Carpro PERL!

Another vote for PERL here.

Megs Endurance tire shine.
The OP requested...per his thread-starter's title:
RE: "Tire dressing without blooming"?

So I'll ask:
Will these particular products actually stop tires from browning/blooming?

:confused:

Bob

a g thang
05-30-2013, 04:15 PM
Have to say ammo nyc mud tire gel .still on my car after a month still looking good!

Schmitty
05-30-2013, 11:40 PM
+3 for PERL

dooyaunastan
05-30-2013, 11:50 PM
Funx725 nailed it, Tuf Shine Tire Clearcoat is the way to go.

TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat, tuf shine tire dressing, permanent tire shine, permanent tire sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/tuf-shine-tire-clearcoat.html)

It is absolutely imperative that you thoroughly clean the tires before applying this product. Hit them with an APC, user Ihaveacamaro recently posted a video about how Meguiar's D101 All Purpose Cleaner (note NOT the D103 APC+) used straight is one of his favorite tire cleaners. After that, hit it with Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner until the foam is completely and purely white.

I'd suggest picking up this kit:
TUF SHINE Tire Appearance Kit, tuf shine tire dressing, permanent tire shine, permanent tire sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/tuf-shine-tire-appearance-kit.html)

along with a gallon of D101 (it's $15) if you don't have it already and maybe some extra Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner.

One final tip that I've seen posted here, spread the tire cleaning out over a day or two, start in the morning, scrub them with D101 a few times over til it looks clean, give it a shot with the TSTC and if it's still releasing grime clean it until it doesn't. Then, either later in the afternoon/evening, or the next day, clean them again, as the tires sometimes will purge out more grime over time.