PDA

View Full Version : My Perfect Tire Cleaner

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ihaveacamaro
05-30-2013, 09:33 AM
Whenever someone says perfect anything, I cringe. There is no such thing as a perfect detailing product.

However, this video shows a tire cleaner that is perfect for me. It is both cheap and very very effective.

Video and details in link, hope you enjoy!

Perfect Tire Cleaner - YouTube (http://youtu.be/qA5pdsFWMSM)

Setec Astronomy
05-30-2013, 10:03 AM
I've think I've only used D101 diluted on tires and wasn't impressed with it...I'll have to give it a go again full strength.

craz0boy
05-30-2013, 10:33 AM
Finally someone has told me the difference between apc & apc+ lol thanks.

ihaveacamaro
05-30-2013, 10:42 AM
I've think I've only used D101 diluted on tires and wasn't impressed with it...I'll have to give it a go again full strength.

Give it a try and let me know what you think :)

Finally someone has told me the difference between apc & apc+ lol thanks.

hahah now you know!

66gtk
05-30-2013, 11:02 AM
Was there any dressing on this tire prior to cleaning it?

Shtexas
05-30-2013, 11:04 AM
The 101 is the best way to clean tires for sure. The first time I used it undiluted, the foam turned super brown even after 2 applications. It scared me because I thought it was too strong and that it was rapidly drying out the rubber and pulling the antiozonator out to the surface. After the third application the tires were finally clean though. I haven't noticed any increase in blooming so I don't think it did any harm. My tires were probably just really dirty haha.

Dogfather
05-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Good info. How often do you clean tires that thoroughly as opposed to just using shampoo? Do you have to reapply sealant to your wheels every time?

hernandez.art13
05-30-2013, 11:21 AM
Thank you Roshan and my wallet thanks you too. 👍

T3 AutoDetails
05-30-2013, 11:32 AM
Thank you Roshan, Looks like D101 will be in my next order :).

dooyaunastan
05-30-2013, 11:46 AM
I'm curious to see how effective 1:1 and even higher dilution ratios are, definitely gonna pick up a gallon of this now though. Thanks for the video!

ihaveacamaro
05-30-2013, 12:03 PM
Was there any dressing on this tire prior to cleaning it?

Yes, PERL.

The 101 is the best way to clean tires for sure. The first time I used it undiluted, the foam turned super brown even after 2 applications. It scared me because I thought it was too strong and that it was rapidly drying out the rubber and pulling the antiozonator out to the surface. After the third application the tires were finally clean though. I haven't noticed any increase in blooming so I don't think it did any harm. My tires were probably just really dirty haha.

This stuff is incredible!

Good info. How often do you clean tires that thoroughly as opposed to just using shampoo? Do you have to reapply sealant to your wheels every time?

Once a month or so. Yeah I dry my wheels everytime I wash them with Pinnacle Waterless Wash with Carnauba to give it a little wax to help protect the wheels.

ihaveacamaro
05-30-2013, 12:05 PM
Thank you Roshan and my wallet thanks you too. 👍

:dblthumb2:

Thank you Roshan, Looks like D101 will be in my next order :).

:props:

I'm curious to see how effective 1:1 and even higher dilution ratios are, definitely gonna pick up a gallon of this now though. Thanks for the video!

Honestly, I'm not going to even bother. To me it's so cheap for a tire cleaner (especially when it's 15% or 10% off), that I don't want to trade any quality for quantity.

I'm sure 1:1 it will work pretty well, might just need an extra application to the tires. But to me, my time not spent diluting the APC and doing the extra application is worth paying full price for the gallon.

Quiksilver5882
05-30-2013, 12:07 PM
Roshan do you like Mega APC better than LA Totally Awesome? I'm not sure if it foams, but I've had LAAPC straight pull out more grime than Adams straight.

mavin
05-30-2013, 12:07 PM
What about LA Totally Awesome or Zep Citrus? Both pretty cheap as well.

ihaveacamaro
05-30-2013, 12:09 PM
Roshan do you like Mega APC better than LA Totally Awesome? I'm not sure if it foams, but I've had LAAPC straight pull out more grime than Adams straight.

What about LA Totally Awesome or Zep Citrus? Both pretty cheap as well.

I do like LATA straight on tires, but I do get worried that it wasn't made intentionally for autos. I guess I just feel safer using something like Megs APC for that reason.

Also LATA does not cling to the tire like Megs APC does.

Have never used Zep Citrus.