PDA

View Full Version : Over spray on brand new car?

nissenc1337
05-30-2013, 09:00 AM
My boss bought a new 2013 Charger and when she got it back from the dealership "detailer" she noticed some white spots(the charger is red). I told her I would inspect it and let her know.

The spot are tiny and look very similar to overspray. Wiping does nothing to remove them but, using my fingernail, I was able to remove them with some elbow grease. The spots are maybe 5-10microns wife(hence my overspray assumptions). But is this normal? I'm bringing clay tomorrow to remove them for her but I'm blown away this is on a brand new car. It's not wax as the "detailer" didn't apply any.

Thanks guys,

habeba86
05-30-2013, 09:07 AM
No its not normal. But definitely possible between shipment and possible being in the body shop.

Evan.J
05-30-2013, 09:13 AM
Its possible as who knows how long it sat on the lot and what came by or what was done near the dealership like some painting or whatever else could get airborne and fall onto cars.

nissenc1337
05-30-2013, 09:17 AM
Its possible as who knows how long it sat on the lot and what came by or what was done near the dealership like some painting or whatever else could get airborne and fall onto cars.

That's what I assumed and told her.

Thanks guys,

Chase.Barnett
05-31-2013, 12:27 AM
3M Perfect It anyone?

Using it on a Black Escalade that was turned white due to over spray and it's like an eraser for paint. Incredible Clay!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

nissenc1337
05-31-2013, 08:22 AM
3M Perfect It anyone?

Using it on a Black Escalade that was turned white due to over spray and it's like an eraser for paint. Incredible Clay!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

Mother's Clay with their instant detailer as lubricant has worked really well for me!