PDA

View Full Version : CG InnerClean not for use on leather?

rockford33
05-30-2013, 12:01 AM
So I was looking for a light cleaner/protectant for in between deep cleans on the interiors of my cars. I did a little research and found what I thought would fit the bill - CG InnerClean. I guess I didn't do enough research as I completely missed that it can only be used on synthetic leather :doh:. Now, I am not sure if the interior of my wife's car (2010 Subaru Legacy) is real or synthetic leather (seats and portions of the door panel). Is there a way to tell? If not, this may be a useless product for me as the leather is most of the interior.... and I bought mostly for light cleaning/protecting in her car (mine stays a little cleaner, lol) in between the Ultima treatment it gets a couple of times a year.

Any experiences on this? Did I just get something that I basically can't use on half of her interior? Anything else out there that fits the bill of light cleaning/protecting? I heard Meg's QID and 1Z Cockpit Premium (which I couldn't find on AG's website) might work, but CG seemed to be getting some good reviews.

Thanks,
Neil

WRXINXS
05-30-2013, 06:32 AM
Good question. I am confused about this product and its leather applications as well.

Take a look at the description on the bottle. The old bottle I had, I believe it said synthetic leather door panels and I think the new bottle might say it can be used on "Imitation leather", and "Leather door panels"?

But I do not think it was ever intended for full leather seats etc? I still don't know if I trust CG description to use on leather door panels!

Drew

GenesisCoupe
05-30-2013, 07:01 AM
It's for SYNTHETIC Leather, i just used it yesterday. I remember reading the label.

Setec Astronomy
05-30-2013, 07:10 AM
Just some quick things that popped into my mind...it's very hard to tell which surfaces are "real" leather and which are "synthetic" leather. If you are using UIGP, they recommend just doing a damp wipe, what do you use to prep for the UIGP? I don't remember if they say the UISG will remove UIGP. The Megs QID is good and is available OTC.

rockford33
05-30-2013, 07:56 AM
I had been doing an APC wipe down, followed by a damp wipe, then applying UIGP. In between, just a wipe with some Detailer's Interior Protectant. That bottle is empty, so was looking for something else to try but that also had light cleaning ability. The wife tends to get her car a little soiled at times....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Setec Astronomy
05-30-2013, 08:01 AM
If it were me I'd just use Meg's QID or the Detailer Line version of it that's available in bulk.