PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Cobra Indigo vs Super Plush Deluxe

Couture
05-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Hello all...going to do my first order with AG this week and have a question about the MF towels. Just trying to save a little money.

I was planning on purchasing 6 super plush deluxe towels because it's less expensive when bought in bulk but saw that the indigo is "better" at removing waxes and polishes. Anyone with experience with both towels? If there is a siginificant difference in removing wax and polish then I will be ordering the 3 bundle of Indigo and 3 bundle of SPD if there isn't then I would like to save myself some money by ordering the 6 pack bundle of SPD.

Thanks

D
05-28-2007, 08:14 PM
I like indigo for removing polish and deluxe jr. for removing wax/ sealants.

Jimmie
05-28-2007, 08:32 PM
I like the Indigo's for removing wax. Smooth and no sticking. The super plushes for buffing wax and QD's to a high shine. I'd get both. Don't think that you'd ever be sorry.
AND, Welcome.

bambo2888
05-28-2007, 08:38 PM
I actually found the Indigo's to be better in all areas than the super plushes. Just my opinion. The super plushes feel way softer though...

wytstang
05-28-2007, 11:11 PM
deluxe jr. are the same as the SPD just smaller 16x16 vs 16x24. Both are awesome and the indigo's are o.k, I found them to "load up" faster then DJr's/SPD towels.

trlblazer3
05-29-2007, 07:30 AM
I like indigo's strictly for polish/wax removal, but will use the Deluxe's as a final buff or with a QD'er. Both are excellent towels and I'm positive you'd be happy with both.

greg'sgoat
05-29-2007, 09:04 AM
The only thing I don't like about the Deluxe's or the Jr's is the shed like crazy. I will buff a panel with one and have all this lint/MF fiber everywhere. I have washed them all a few times and nothing seems to help. They also are a pain to remove wax with IMO. I love the Indigo for wax removal and use regular MF's for polish removal.

trlblazer3
05-29-2007, 09:42 AM
That's strange, I don't have any shedding issues with any of the Cobra line of MF.

ScottB
05-29-2007, 09:42 AM
:iagree: :iagree:

I like indigo's strictly for polish/wax removal, but will use the Deluxe's as a final buff or with a QD'er. Both are excellent towels and I'm positive you'd be happy with both.

As for the comment on lint, most microfibers do not lint but will pickup it easily. Remember to seperate from other laundry and towels and store seperately as well.

klumzypinoy
05-29-2007, 04:49 PM
I have used Cobra Deluxe JR and Cobra Plush Deluxe (both the same, but seem to go to the Jrs), and have used them to remove wax on the short nap side and final buffing on the super plush side. I've never had a problem removing wax, but I would like to try the indigo.

61iwon
06-07-2007, 09:23 AM
I found the indigo at the following link significantly cheaper.

Cobra Indigo Microfiber Polishing Cloth 2 Pack (http://store.bikedepot.net/coinmipocl2p.html)

klumzypinoy
06-07-2007, 08:02 PM
I found the indigo at the following link significantly cheaper.

Cobra Indigo Microfiber Polishing Cloth 2 Pack (http://store.bikedepot.net/coinmipocl2p.html)

Nice find!

PTRon
06-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Same Company? Check out AG's home page, there's a link to bikedepot and both sites are set up the same. How bout a moderator stepping in and clearing this up? I will say that if you're saving 2 (or even 4) dollars on product but have to pay an additional 7.95 for shipping, what's the sense?

wytstang
06-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Same company Autogeek ownes Wolfgang, Pinnicale, and Bikedepot. They are all subsidiary of PBMA (Palm Beach Motoring).

ScottB
06-08-2007, 06:21 AM
Same company Autogeek ownes Wolfgang, Pinnicale, and Bikedepot. They are all subsidiary of PBMA (Palm Beach Motoring).

:iagree: :iagree:

They also own Diamonite !