PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire BlackICE

Pages : [1] 2

ihaveacamaro
05-29-2013, 08:13 PM
This is a bit of a story:

I have a pot of this BlackICE hybrid wax and I put it on half my girlfriend's hood to make this video: Blackfire BlackICE Montan Wax Review - Just Half A Test Episode 2 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/RyQdZNWdY8A)

Anyways I'm making the next video of the series (Adam's Americana) and continue on to what I normally do to remove wax. I washed the car with some CG citrus wash and gloss at the 1 oz per gallon ratio.

After washing and rinsing, I flooded the hood to make sure the water was no longer sheeting. The outcome you ask? The water sheeted right off the side with Blackfire BlackICE and stuck to the side that had no wax on it previously.

Ok no problem, I thought. I'll just rewash just the hood again with the CG soap.

After doing that and flooding the hood again, the water continued to sheet off the side with the BlackICE!

This kind of durability for a LSP is unusual for me, but not unheard of.

Ok, time to change up the plan, I figured. I sprayed FOUR OUNCES of Adam's APC straight. Yup straight, right onto only one side of the hood.

Then I used my mitt and washed the hood of the car once again with the CG Wash N Gloss.

No way the wax can withstand this... right? I thought.

I thought wrong.

Ok wow, the wax side is still clearly sheeting the water better than the non waxed side.

Time to move to the next step: claying this damn hood.

Well, I clayed and clayed and clayed one more time! Yes, I clayed the car THREE times!

You know what I'm going to say next. The waxed side of the hood continued to sheet water much faster than the non waxed side of the hood.

After a few choice expletives, I resigned myself to the fact that I would have to polish off wax. It is kind of ridiculous to think that after everything I did, I STILL had to polish the damn wax off.

M205, gray pad, griot's garage and about 20 minutes later, the whole hood was polished.

An IPA wipedown and final rinse later told me I had finally succeeded in my epic journey to remove the Blackfire BlackICE wax. It only took me about 2 hours for one half the hood.

5 months claimed durability? You bet I believe it.

dpk20x
05-29-2013, 08:20 PM
Haha you had me a little worried with that title!

Still waiting to polish a few more panels on my Jeep before I try out that sample you sent me.

Evan.J
05-29-2013, 08:28 PM
Haha you had me a little worried with that title!

:iagree:

I thought I was about to read some smack talk on BFBI.:bat:

Very good to hear this though very good news.

Now to get my hands on some hmmmmmmm:drool:

ihaveacamaro
05-29-2013, 08:30 PM
All I'm saying is don't apply it if you like changing your LSP. You may not like the process of getting rid of BlackICE lmao!!

Circa40
05-29-2013, 08:34 PM
I had the same issue recently with Fuzion lol

BradsDetailing
05-29-2013, 08:35 PM
and here I thought I had everything for my car...now I have to go buy some black ice....Thanks lol

swanicyouth
05-29-2013, 08:38 PM
Yeah, it has a sealant component to it (if I recall its a "hybrid" like Fuzion, a "sealant wax") so its likely hard to remove. Sealants are a lot harder to remove than "wax". CG Citrus just won't take that off. Neither will Dawn. It may change the beading characteristics, but its still there

But, I would have skipped the abrasives and went to a paint cleaner, or a safer product like muriatic acid (j/k - please don't try that).

WRAPT C5Z06
05-29-2013, 08:39 PM
GTechniq Panel Wipe is your friend.

thebamboo23
05-29-2013, 09:25 PM
Dang lol

Bigbull2984
05-29-2013, 09:58 PM
:iagree:

I thought I was about to read some smack talk on BFBI.:bat:

Very good to hear this though very good news.

Now to get my hands on some hmmmmmmm:drool:

BFBI is the real deal man, I had it on my black car for 7 weeks(still on the car but traded the car in) with the crazy rain and car being outside 24/7, the beading and sheeting was like day one

Yea Evan, I am blunt and honest when it comes to spending money on high-end wax; and BFBI, is one wax I cant find a bad thing to say about it.....Well maybe the jar should be wider so a 4inch pad fits in perfectly....

When I tried Fuzion the other pricey wax, I felt that it was nothing special considering the cost of it, and preferred SSII over it for fraction of the price.

-Dhaval

dorkiedoode
05-29-2013, 10:20 PM
damn that's some serious stuff.

greg_in_ga
05-29-2013, 10:24 PM
that has to be the cleanest hood around after all that washing :xyxthumbs:

Evan.J
05-29-2013, 10:27 PM
BFBI is the real deal man, I had it on my black car for 7 weeks(still on the car but traded the car in) with the crazy rain and car being outside 24/7, the beading and sheeting was like day one

Yea Evan, I am blunt and honest when it comes to spending money on high-end wax; and BFBI, is one wax I cant find a bad thing to say about it.....Well maybe the jar should be wider so a 4inch pad fits in perfectly....

When I tried Fuzion the other pricey wax, I felt that it was nothing special considering the cost of it, and preferred SSII over it for fraction of the price.

-Dhaval

AHHHHH all this peer pressure :nomore:

Thanks for you input Dhaval! :xyxthumbs:

Bigbull2984
05-29-2013, 10:37 PM
AHHHHH all this peer pressure :nomore:

Thanks for you input Dhaval! :xyxthumbs:

Lol. Sorry man:buffing:

tnxm42
05-30-2013, 07:52 AM
Wish I had a black truck, my white Titan wouldn't like a black wax i don't think