PDA

View Full Version : From Vancouver BC Canada

Pages : [1] 2

UrrToast
05-29-2013, 03:27 PM
Hi All :Picture:
I'm from Vancouver BC Canada
With the wealth of information here I just had to Register.
I do have a Question
Is there any one else from Canada here ?
And if so has anyone ordered from AutoGeek? I'm curious on the duties and brokerage fee's.

sproketser
05-29-2013, 03:32 PM
Welcome aboard mate ! Another one from Canada here .

Soundwave
05-29-2013, 04:24 PM
WELCOME! I'm from Alberta, Have ordered lot's from AGO.

baddna3
05-29-2013, 04:28 PM
Hi

I live in Coquitlam but I have never ordered from AGO. I order from e shine or 604
auto care.

UrrToast
05-29-2013, 07:22 PM
Hi

I live in Coquitlam but I have never ordered from AGO. I order from e shine or 604
auto care.

Same here Eshine has been good so far.
But I think I'm looking for more BOGO deals....

rustytruck
05-29-2013, 07:25 PM
Welcome.

Chris@AutoCleanse
05-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Welcome to the GEEK.

UrrToast
05-29-2013, 07:28 PM
WELCOME! I'm from Alberta, Have ordered lot's from AGO.

If I may ask, How was the added Brokerage and tariffs?
It can make some purchases almost not worth it.

Thank,

Andr3wilson
05-29-2013, 08:02 PM
If I may ask, How was the added Brokerage and tariffs?
It can make some purchases almost not worth it.

Thank,

Welcome to AGO! Glad to have another Canadian!

As far as ordering, anything large (aka gallon sizes or specialty products) you will be hit with an over sized shipping rate of 100% So a $20 gallon will cost $20 to ship across the boarder.

You will also pay a tax to the mailman. Ranges from $20-$50 typically.

Ordering from AG can be restraining too. Products like Rupes, Permanon, and CG can't be shipped across into Canada.

I would encourage you to check out Auto Obsessed. They are the Canadian Rep for Griots, Gtechniq, Swissvax, and carry a ton of PBMG. Sonus, Blackfire, Wolfgang, Pinnacle and Lake Country to boot! Had nothing but awesome service and great products. Top notch Canadian car care supplier.

Kyle@PrecisionPolish
05-29-2013, 09:42 PM
I gotta say AG definitely has most products in stock. Between Auto Obsessed and E Shine I still couldn't put together a decent order. They either don't carry what I want or it is not in stock. I ship to the Buffalo border UPS and go get my packages. You only pay tax when you do that no brokerage. UPS is the worst for brokerage fees.

Chase_910
05-29-2013, 10:11 PM
I order thru eshine or Auto Obessed. Auto Obsessed is located in Edmonton and you may get your products quicker. Eshine is located in Ontario and I find an order can take +10 days to get (no fault of eshine). Both are great to work with - no issues with either company. Pricing at both locations is similar to AG and you save the horrendous shipping & duty charges from the states!

Kevin Cullen
05-29-2013, 10:14 PM
Welcome, i have ordered from Eshine and from Autoobsessed. They are both great to deal with. Both offer free shipping.

Have heard a rumor that if you keep your order under $100 from AG you won't pay duty. Have not tried it out so can't say if it true or not. Still have to consider shipping and exchange into the price.

kemo
05-29-2013, 11:16 PM
Another Canuck here...welcome to the forum

ahflam
05-30-2013, 12:55 PM
From Vancouver as well!

I get my stuff shipped to Blaine and just pick it up. Free shipping and don't get taxed sometimes too if you aren't getting excessive amounts of stuff!

RMM
05-30-2013, 12:56 PM
:welcome: to AGO!