PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars cleaner wax

margallar
05-29-2013, 10:45 AM
i was just curious, if i wanted to apply meguiars cleaner wax paste (regular consumer version) with a DA power system for some light paint cleaning (to make the paint feel even smoother and glossier after claying) do i use the polishing pad? and how do i apply it?

work it till you can see shiny paint under the residue or just a few passes and then wipe off?

Feed back please

Becciasm
05-29-2013, 10:52 AM
Use any pad you like. White (LC) will give you a bit more bite, whereas blue or black would be just fine as well for standard paint cleaning.

follow directions on bottle. :) Apply, buff off, repeat as necessary.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/58359-how-use-one-step-cleaner-wax-maximize-profits.html

here's a great article where Mike uses an AIO - XMT 360 - and a pink cutting pad for a great one step.

margallar
05-29-2013, 12:44 PM
i can only spread it with a DA?

what can i expect if i attempted to work it to a residue like i would with m80 speed glaze

slimnib
05-29-2013, 12:48 PM
i can only spread it with a DA?

what can i expect if i attempted to work it to a residue like i would with m80 speed glaze

Read the article

FUNX650
05-29-2013, 01:00 PM
Meguiar's A12 Cleaner Wax can be applied with polishing or finishing pads.

-DA polisher ~ speed(s) 3-4;
-Moderate pressure;
-Look for when the polishing abrasives have "broken down" to stop polishing;
-Wipe off polishing-residue;
-Inspect work. If not satisfied: Repeat A12 polishing step...Until you are.
-If satisfied: Proceed with paint-protection-product of choice (M26, M21 2.0)

:)

Bob

Becciasm
05-29-2013, 01:04 PM
Apply, buff off, repeat as necessary.

Read the article

-Moderate pressure;

Bob

this.

margallar
05-29-2013, 01:08 PM

-Moderate pressure;

Bob
thanks bob :xyxthumbs: thats what i wanted to read

mwoolfso
05-29-2013, 01:09 PM
i was just curious, if i wanted to apply meguiars cleaner wax paste (regular consumer version) with a DA power system for some light paint cleaning (to make the paint feel even smoother and glossier after claying) do i use the polishing pad? and how do i apply it?

work it till you can see shiny paint under the residue or just a few passes and then wipe off?

Feed back please

Lake Country CCS pads are good for Cleaner/Waxes. You can use a white polishing pad or even a green pad, which seems to be marketed for light cleaning, rather than cutting. Either will work though. With a white pad you may not need to apply as much pressure when compared with green. Always use a test spot to confirm pad, product and process.

c8n
05-29-2013, 02:19 PM
Didn't the DA power system already come with pads?
I think they come with the Meg's yellow pads.

My understanding is that the DA power system does work and you should get good results. However, personally, for the price I would rather go get a HF DA.

RadioWave
05-29-2013, 03:02 PM
I used this (Meg's #6) for the first time last week on my car with light swirling and was very surprised at how well it worked. There were still swirls afterwards but not nearly as bad as they were before. I used a white LC pad and used the normal Mike Phillips procedure. Prime the pad, smear the liquid around a 2x2 area and then do about six passes, easing up on the pressure on the last pass.

the deta
05-29-2013, 03:11 PM
m26 is a great choice for a lasting LSP...

margallar
05-30-2013, 01:16 AM
Didn't the DA power system already come with pads?
I think they come with the Meg's yellow pads.

My understanding is that the DA power system does work and you should get good results. However, personally, for the price I would rather go get a HF DA.
it came with a yellow 4 inch polishing pad, i think that would do just fine with the cleaner wax