PDA

View Full Version : Nanoskin

Pages : [1] 2

DogRescuer
05-29-2013, 04:47 AM
For you pros out there, could you tell me why I would want to invest good money in a nanoskin towel instead of sticking with my bar of clay? Whats the pros of going with the towel, or better yet, the cons of sticking with my playdo (laugh). If it will help me do quality work and make cash Im all for it. Help me understand.

Nick McKees37
05-29-2013, 04:51 AM
Advantages of the Nanoskin Autoscrub Towel.

More cost effective (lasts considerably longer than clay)
Can be rinsed off if dropped on ground (clay bar should be discarded at that point)
Takes considerably less time than claying (time is money)

:dblthumb2:

DogRescuer
05-29-2013, 04:58 AM
Advantages of the Nanoskin Autoscrub Towel.

More cost effective (lasts considerably longer than clay)
Can be rinsed off if dropped on ground (clay bar should be discarded at that point)
Takes considerably less time than claying (time is money)

:dblthumb2:
Thanks would you recomend the towel or sponge?

Nick McKees37
05-29-2013, 05:03 AM
Thanks would you recomend the towel or sponge?

I use the sponge more than the towel as it enables you to save even more time.

sproketser
05-29-2013, 05:04 AM
I use the wash mitt more than the towel as it enables you to save even more time.

Thanx for the tip mate .

DogRescuer
05-29-2013, 05:10 AM
I use the wash mitt more than the towel as it enables you to save even more time.
Thanks, Im sold, Ill order right now.

Nick McKees37
05-29-2013, 05:39 AM
Thanks, Im sold, Ill order right now.

I meant *wash mitt (http://www.autogeek.net/nanoskin-autoscrub-wash-mitt-fine-grade.html) - you can actually use this while you wash the vehicle (saving you the most time).

The Autoscrub SPONGE is a less expensive alternative to the Autoscrub Towel, but essentially works the same way (it won't last as long though).

Whether you decide to go with the towel, sponge or wash mitt, you'll surely be impressed. :dblthumb2:

Ryry11
05-29-2013, 07:24 AM
I LOVE the towel. It's bigger than clay, requires no kneading, and can be rinsed off if it falls on the ground. I love the idea of clay alternatives, as they provide a faster way of decontaminating a vehicle.

I have the auto scrub pads for the da, and while they are effective and time saving, I personally find them to be a bit of a hassle when compared to the auto scrub towel. The towel is fast, easy, and provides feedback like clay to let you know when the surface is smooth. If I were you, I'd DEFINATELY pick up the towel. Just remember, NO PRESSURE when using, otherwise you risk the chance of marring. However, when used in conjunction with a polishing afterwards, it's the way to go.

Audi X2
05-29-2013, 07:31 AM
I meant *wash mitt (http://www.autogeek.net/nanoskin-autoscrub-wash-mitt-fine-grade.html) - you can actually use this while you wash the vehicle (saving you the most time).

The Autoscrub SPONGE is a less expensive alternative to the Autoscrub Towel, but essentially works the same way (it won't last as long though).

Whether you decide to go with the towel, sponge or wash mitt, you'll surely be impressed. :dblthumb2:

The wash mitt and the sponge both have their place, but the wash mitt impresses me the most. The first time I used it was on a fairly heavily contaminated vehicle and I was short on time. I could not believe how fast the Nanoskin mitt removed all of the bonded contaminants and left a smooth surface. I was using the fine grade version and I had no issues with marring and the time savings in my case was impressive.

Nick McKees37
05-29-2013, 07:34 AM
The wash mitt and the sponge both have their place, but the wash mitt impresses me the most. The first time I used it was on a fairly heavily contaminated vehicle and I was short on time. I could not believe how fast the Nanoskin mitt removed all of the bonded contaminants and left a smooth surface. I was using the fine grade version and I had no issues with marring and the time savings in my case was impressive.

I second that! What REALLY impresses me about the wash mitt is how durable it is.

JJH
05-29-2013, 07:53 AM
While we're on the topic of the Nanoskin, what speed would you guys use with the Nanoskin Autoscrub pad for my Griots Garage DA buffer?

Ryry11
05-29-2013, 08:33 PM
While we're on the topic of the Nanoskin, what speed would you guys use with the Nanoskin Autoscrub pad for my Griots Garage DA buffer?

1 0r 2 tops, no pressure

ihaveacamaro
05-29-2013, 08:46 PM
OP, or you can just buy the nanoskin sponge?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aroUx-HLTAs]Nanoskin Autoscrub Speedy Prep Sponge Fine Grade Review - YouTube[/video]

Detailing by M
05-30-2013, 12:08 AM
The wash mit rocks!
it will save you hours!
you "clay" as you wash, no spraying and wiping.
I do this all the time and it rocks.
The DA pad is for really contaminated cars and will save your arm, also I use this as I wash saving me hours, especialy on a full size SUV that has never been detailed.

Here's a pic of a 92 Supra that had "chalk" for paint. I could have never cleaned the paint this deep with clay.

Look closely at the bubbles and you can see the dirt.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll43/MaseratiMario/Celica%20Supra%2092/IMG_20130524_125141_305_zpsfec0d46f.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll43/MaseratiMario/Celica%20Supra%2092/IMG_20130524_125146_448_zps917ec97f.jpg

hernandez.art13
05-30-2013, 02:09 AM
I LOVE the towel. It's bigger than clay, requires no kneading, and can be rinsed off if it falls on the ground. I love the idea of clay alternatives, as they provide a faster way of decontaminating a vehicle.

I have the auto scrub pads for the da, and while they are effective and time saving, I personally find them to be a bit of a hassle when compared to the auto scrub towel. The towel is fast, easy, and provides feedback like clay to let you know when the surface is smooth. If I were you, I'd DEFINATELY pick up the towel. Just remember, NO PRESSURE when using, otherwise you risk the chance of marring. However, when used in conjunction with a polishing afterwards, it's the way to go.

Why do you find them more of a hassle? (Just wondering cos I haven't used my Auto Scrub yet)

Now I am going to have to order the towel lol