PDA

View Full Version : Got to ask...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Lexi65
05-28-2013, 10:46 PM
How do you park to keep your ride from getting dings from careless people?

Feed back please

Setec Astronomy
05-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Far away, end spaces, etc.

02xtreme07SS
05-28-2013, 10:51 PM

:iagree:

This is exactly what I do. However, no matter what you do or where you park...someone will be drawn to your vehicle and park beside it. 300 empty spaces and they will park right next to you..and close. Never fails.

dpscoupe
05-28-2013, 10:55 PM
I'm the a hole taking up 4 spaces at the end/back of the parking lot

Pureshine
05-28-2013, 10:57 PM

+1 :)

BradsDetailing
05-28-2013, 11:03 PM
I walk everywhere

inDetail
05-28-2013, 11:14 PM
Park far away. However my wife fails to understand the concept and wonders why I can't compound out the scratch she just got that's down to the primer.

inDetail
05-28-2013, 11:15 PM
or drive a beater like I do and could care less if someone scratches it.

SYMAWD
05-28-2013, 11:19 PM
I usually don't park far away, I just choose a space where doors can be fully opened on both sides without hitting another car. Also, I always fold up my mirrors. Just a few days ago, somebody missed my mirror by less than an inch when a gust of wind took their door. If the mirror wasn't folded up, well, I really don't want to think about it.

FUNX650
05-29-2013, 08:39 AM
How do you park to keep your ride from getting dings from careless people?

no matter what you do or where you park...someone will be drawn to your vehicle and park beside it.
300 empty spaces and they will park right next to you..and close. Never fails.

I just have a few of my closest friends keep an eye out for wayward strangers
that would even thinking about trying to park next to my vehicles.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/sonny2.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/52568)

So far: No Dings...
(At least not on my vehicles.)

Bob

GenesisCoupe
05-29-2013, 08:45 AM

This is exactly what I do. However, no matter what you do or where you park...someone will be drawn to your vehicle and park beside it. 300 empty spaces and they will park right next to you..and close. Never fails.

Park far away. However my wife fails to understand the concept and wonders why I can't compound out the scratch she just got that's down to the primer.

These answers are the perfect example of my everyday life.. I park far away, and my Miss always comments on why i park so far away and to not be scared, until the day she got dinged and now doesn't say a word Im the MAN

dorkiedoode
05-29-2013, 08:45 AM

Exactly!! Soooo Annoying. There's always that one dude who said hey let's keep him company.

NickBlaine
05-29-2013, 08:59 AM
I usually double park. Taking up two spots isn't that bad, and usually I find a back corner. I've had someone spit on my car before for this, but I could care less.
About a year ago I had my door repainted because some elderly folk threw their door open into the side of my car, then leaned on it to get out of their car. Thankfully I was sitting in my car on a phone call, or else I would've been SOL.

runrun411
05-29-2013, 09:02 AM
When I park on the far side at the mall or large parking lots, I park on the center of the line and take up two spaces.

VAS
05-29-2013, 09:14 AM
In HS I parked next to someone with assigned spots, literally had dings all down the side of my car, from the front and back doors of this kids car. I went to the school about it and they got the kid out there and opened the doors and said the dings don't match up, there is nothing we can do. They checked with no one in the car, and the dings were like an inch or 2 lower than the doors when swung wide open. Put 4 kids in there and the game changes. I got an estimate and blocked his car in with mine from behind and waited for him, handed it to him and said this is what you owe me. 2 days later I got a phone call from his insurance company ;).