PDA

View Full Version : My First Porsche Detail.. Question

rags2rich's
05-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Hey Guys, preparing for my first high-end detail.. white 2001 Porsche Turbo Tip. I am aware of how "tricky" white can be and the paint shows "light swirls." Ive narrowed to these choices..

LINE-UP 1
Pinnacle XMT #2
(?Duragloss PBA #601?)
Duragloss TPP #105
Duragloss AW #951

LINE-UP 2
Menzerna Intensive Polish 91E
(?Menzerna Final Polish 85U?)
Wolfgang DPGS (bonds nicely to Menzerna)
Pinnacle Liquid Souveran
Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax

Also, which pads would be best with polish for "light swirls".. both with LC and Edge
Feed back please
Thanks

orngez
05-28-2007, 05:09 PM
the best would be to do a test spot...i usually pick a spot on the hood or drivers side door...these usually get the most abuse...so whatever removes swirls there will most likely take care of the rest of the car...

Surfer
05-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Can't go wrong with either line up. DG 105 and AW gives an excellent looks on light colors as does liquid Souv.

I have a white suv and white can be a ##### b/c depending on the angle you look at and light, either you see a ton of swirls or very little. Light swirls, use the Edge Orange or even the Blue.

Wanna see something funny, Porsche was a cheap ass that year lol, they were just comming out of financial trouble after the intoduction of the Boxster. Look in the interior of that turbo when you do it...Porsche skimmped on some things, try to open the gove box when you do the interior....;):D