PDA

View Full Version : Naysayers of using Dupont Auto Protectiom-Wrong!

HSMB444
05-27-2013, 05:26 PM

Preping finish for Opti-coat over Dupont sealant
I posted "Preping finish for Opti-coat over dupont sealant" and received a lot of negative comments about the effectiveness and durability of the Dupont protective coat (it has been on for seven months). In fact, it does work. Using a MB and BMW, I first poured water over the hoods and it sheeted and remained wet as expected. Then I washed them, and the water did the same thing. Then I used Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion. Despite whatever oils are in the product, the MB with the Dupont coating caused the water to sheet and runofff immediately, with little water remaining and no substantial beading. The BMW still sheeted and remained wet. The coating reacted exactly as Dupont said it would, as sheeting runoff is better than beading. This product lasts and thereby offers continuing protection.

VP Mark
05-27-2013, 05:31 PM
I'm not sure what the point is here. What are you trying to get across?

swanicyouth
05-27-2013, 05:45 PM
Its your car. The only person who you need to convince its any good is you.

sproketser
05-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Where s the thread of it mate , unless you have a different name here . The important point here is like swany wrote , you have to be happy with the results buddy .

HSMB444
05-27-2013, 06:09 PM
Many people said the product is a wast of money, doesn't last longer than any sealant, and is simply a scam. They are wrong.

HSMB444
05-27-2013, 06:12 PM
It's harder than one thinks to change someone's mind with the facts.

FUNX650
05-27-2013, 06:15 PM
Where s the thread of it mate , unless you have a different name here .

Here's the thread:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/64863-preping-finish-opti-coat-over-dupont-sealant.html

In it, seemingly, the OP was inquiring on how to prep his vehicle for Opti-Coat.
This in spite of the fact that his vehicle is wearing a: 5-year warranted sealant.

Now from the sounds of this thread-starter...
The OP seems rather satisfied, (almost to the point of becoming haughty),
with his vehicle's current DuPont-protective-product, and: Its attributes.

I could be wrong though.

:)

Bob

sproketser
05-27-2013, 06:19 PM
Here's the thread:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/64863-preping-finish-opti-coat-over-dupont-sealant.html

In it, seemingly, the OP was inquiring on how to prep his vehicle for Opti-Coat,
this in spite of the fact that his vehicle is wearing a: 5-year warranted sealant.

Now from the sounds of this thread-starter...
The OP seems rather satisfied, (almost to the point of becoming haughty),
with his vehicle's current DuPont-protective-product and its attributes.

I could be wrong though.

Bob

Thanx funk , will have a look mate .

FUNX650
05-27-2013, 06:47 PM
Just curious...Are you, in fact, still going to consider:

-Prepping for; then:
-Coating your vehicle with Opti-Coat; before:
-The expiration of this particular DuPont Protection's warranty period?

Bob

sproketser
05-27-2013, 06:50 PM
I wonder that if you out something else on top of DuPont s coating , if they will still honor the warranty !

cleanmycorolla
05-27-2013, 07:51 PM
Your scientific test definitely proves its a legit product.;) Don't forget to update this thread in 5 years when it is still on. Hahaha, good for you, but that's stuff is still junk. But I am glad you're happy with your decision and whatever makes you happy roll with it!

BTW I was one of the folks who called it junk in his original thread and I still stand by my comment. It's junk, and won't last 5 years, and testing its claims after one wash is utter nonsense but whatever I digress had some beers at a BBQ today!

Also, how are these facts? You provide no proof other than two sentences on water sheeting. There's people on here, who have worked for dealerships and applied these crap sealants and will tell you they're all lies!

I know you want to justify wasting your money, but you could've just got the car off the lot, got some opti coat and did it yourself for like $200. Or paid an opti coat certified pro. And had it legitimately last a lifetime.

cleanmycorolla
06-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Oops, wrong thread