PDA

View Full Version : nanoskin sponge+Glide

jimjc
05-27-2013, 11:14 AM
Has anyone used this nanoskin sponge and does it do the job as well as clay?

It would be nice if it`s a alternative to clay because more than once I dropped clay and had to trash it, of coarse it needs to get the job done.

JJH
05-27-2013, 11:16 AM
I just bought one myself but haven't had the opportunity to use it yet. I've heard that it works better than clay but will mar the paint more than traditional claying and you will have to polish after using the nano pad.

jimjc
05-27-2013, 11:26 AM
I just bought one myself but haven't had the opportunity to use it yet. I've heard that it works better than clay but will mar the paint more than traditional claying and you will have to polish after using the nano pad.

Hum. maring the paint is not my favorite thing to do but if a light polish is one of the steps you are going to do, as long as it get the job done I guess it`s ok.

Let`s hear from some of the users, it`s got me interested. Jim

4AudiQ
05-27-2013, 11:36 AM
I have used it on 3 cars: 1994 Camry, 1995 Audi, 2003 Jetta.
Worked wonderfully! I will never go back to clay. Just use lots of lube.
Do the plastic baggie test (put your hand into a plastic baggie and
lightly run your fingers over the paint. You will be shocked!)
both before and after the use of the nanoskin.
BTW, I used the SM Arnold Speedy Surface Prep Towel.
Same thing.

jimjc
05-27-2013, 11:53 AM
I have used it on 3 cars: 1994 Camry, 1995 Audi, 2003 Jetta.
Worked wonderfully! I will never go back to clay. Just use lots of lube.
Do the plastic baggie test (put your hand into a plastic baggie and
lightly run your fingers over the paint. You will be shocked!)
both before and after the use of the nanoskin.
BTW, I used the SM Arnold Speedy Surface Prep Towel.
Same thing.

SM Arnold Speedy Surface Prep Towel...Could you explain, that sounds like a towel, is that what you use after the Nanoskin? or does that replace the nanoskin? Jim

Evan.J
05-27-2013, 12:06 PM
SM Arnold Speedy Surface Prep Towel...Could you explain, that sounds like a towel, is that what you use after the Nanoskin? or does that replace the nanoskin? Jim

The speedy prep surface towel is just another clay alternative like the Nanoskin sponge. The towel is just that, a towel with a clay like material on the towel surface. :props:

dorkiedoode
05-27-2013, 01:58 PM
It doesn't Mar the paint anymore than clay. If your paint is super soft clay will mar it the same way. So it all depends on your paint. Other than that its much faster than clay.

ihaveacamaro
05-27-2013, 02:03 PM
I don't know about glide, but here are my thoughts on the sponge:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aroUx-HLTAs]Nanoskin Autoscrub Speedy Prep Sponge Fine Grade Review - YouTube[/video]

Iron400
05-27-2013, 02:25 PM
I used the "fine" sponge last night for the first time, and loved it. If you keep it clean, it mars less than clay. I'm ordering the "medium" on my next order. The only downside I found is it took more passes with the sponge, but I might have needed the medium.

jimjc
05-27-2013, 03:19 PM
I don't know about glide, but here are my thoughts on the sponge:

Nanoskin Autoscrub Speedy Prep Sponge Fine Grade Review - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aroUx-HLTAs)

Good video, I saw another of yours and it was good also. I don`t remember if you said in the video, the amount of pressure you applied to the nano sponge [ would it be about the same pressure as clay ] or if the job it did was on the same level as clay...Thanks Jim

umana2482
05-27-2013, 03:29 PM
I have the Speedy Prep Towel and I love it. Have not touched the clay bar again. Be careful, use less pressure then you would with a clay bar or it will mar your paint. But then again it all depends on what color paint and if it's soft or hard you are working with. Btw, I have the medium Prep Towel.

Sent from my HTC One using AG Online

JJH
05-28-2013, 12:55 AM
What about if you're using the nanoskin 6" pad for a buffer? That's the one that I just purchased.

Nanoskin Autoscrub 6" Pad : Amazon.com : Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/Nanoskin-AS-003-Autoscrub-6-Pad/dp/B005RCD9L8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369720461&sr=8-1&keywords=nanoskin+autoscrub)

How do I know what speed to run my GG buffer on and what pressure to use?

ihaveacamaro
05-28-2013, 01:00 AM
Good video, I saw another of yours and it was good also. I don`t remember if you said in the video, the amount of pressure you applied to the nano sponge [ would it be about the same pressure as clay ] or if the job it did was on the same level as clay...Thanks Jim

I use a little less pressure than I would with clay, which in itself was pretty light.

I am not a fan of using tons of pressure on either clay or clay alternatives.

What about if you're using the nanoskin 6" pad for a buffer? That's the one that I just purchased.

Nanoskin Autoscrub 6" Pad : Amazon.com : Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/Nanoskin-AS-003-Autoscrub-6-Pad/dp/B005RCD9L8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369720461&sr=8-1&keywords=nanoskin+autoscrub)

How do I know what speed to run my GG buffer on and what pressure to use?

Speed 1 and no pressure.