PDA

View Full Version : Metro Master Blaster

Dadillac
05-26-2013, 08:20 PM
So seven months ago Super storm Sandy ripped through New Jersey and severely damaged my home. Also damaged a whole lot of my stuff. My son and I cleaned up the mess and I took all of my hand tools and power tools to my mother in laws house (where we stayed for the following five months) to clean them up. Lost a few power tools and some hand tools. Anyway I pulled the covers off the Master Blaster and rinsed it out the best I could. I should have removed the motor but wasn't too sure of myself that I would be able to put it back together. We have been back in our house for two months. Today I had some time and decided to see if the thing would work. The outlet side of the housing is all rusted inside and I figured I would blow the breaker as soon as I turned it on. But to my surprise it fired right up. Hit the second switch and a lot of dust and dirt came flying out. But it runs. And it sounds pretty good too. All I have to do is reseal the outlet cover as it is leaking around there pretty good and clean up the hose. My mason decided to use it as a sump pump drain hose and it is kind of nasty. But even being submerged for five days in nasty dirty sea water this thing still works. A shout out to Metro for building a flood proof piece of equipment.

Don

ScottB
05-27-2013, 08:59 AM
All the best as you continue to recover .... I am glad to hear some tools stood the extreme torture tests that most will never see.