PDA

View Full Version : Premature drying of leather

doctordave
05-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Folks,

I have an 07 Suburban with black leather seats and have been using Zymol leather conditioner every 1 -2 weeks. The leather is well cared for and as a result, I have not needed to use any form of cleaner product as yet. Much of the time, the truck is parked in a garage and therefore does not get exposed to much direct sunlight. The vehicle is only 7 months old, but already I'm seeing some areas of the leather that appear to be drying out a bit. I'm more than a little surprised, given how careful I am with the vehicle and given how frequently I condition the leather. Any thoughts on what I should do to prevent further drying?

Appreciate any input.

-Dave

steveo3002
05-28-2007, 01:01 PM
try some leatherique oil.....spray on plenty when you dont need the car for a day or two and park it in the sun, the pores will open up and suck up the oil

ScottB
05-28-2007, 01:01 PM
look to Leathrique ... remember GM uses a plastic additive on leather to protect against water, spills, and damage by UV but unfortunately does look a tad dry, and plastic feeling.

supercharged
05-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Folks,

I have an 07 Suburban with black leather seats and have been using Zymol leather conditioner every 1 -2 weeks. The leather is well cared for and as a result, I have not needed to use any form of cleaner product as yet. Much of the time, the truck is parked in a garage and therefore does not get exposed to much direct sunlight. The vehicle is only 7 months old, but already I'm seeing some areas of the leather that appear to be drying out a bit. I'm more than a little surprised, given how careful I am with the vehicle and given how frequently I condition the leather. Any thoughts on what I should do to prevent further drying?

Appreciate any input.

-Dave
I would use leatherique once a year to fully rejuvenate leather, but not yet, since it's still new.
Go ahead and get some Pinnacle leather conditioner, or Wolfgang. These will keep your leather in like new condition for years.
Condition your leather every 2-3 months. every month apply a good UV protectant, like 303 protectant.

Good luck.