PDA

View Full Version : Is it a waste of effort?

Pages : [1] 2

Williammm
05-26-2013, 04:44 AM
My ride currently is opti-guarded. I currently obsessed by what of the members here are achieving, the high gloss and shine.

I've been thru "Junkman" video and i realised (correct me if i'm wrong) that basically the shine comes from the perfection of clear coat.

Is it a waste of effort that i try to perfect the already sealed clear coat?

I live in a tropical country and it's burning every morning and raining almost every late noon. Which is the most suitable procedure/product i can use to achieve the deepest gloss, wet look on my ride?

T3 AutoDetails
05-26-2013, 06:21 AM
It's not worthless if that's the look your after...What adds depth and gloss the best is good ol carnauba wax! plenty available here.

BobbyG
05-26-2013, 07:13 AM
Washing then applying a coat of your favorite wax is never a waste of time and effort if it gives you personal satisfaction.....:props:

swanicyouth
05-26-2013, 08:17 AM
It's not worthless if that's the look your after...What adds depth and gloss the best is good ol carnauba wax! plenty available here.

I agree. Some people have convinced themselves all wax is the the same and there is some world wide conspiracy to sell us $10 waxes in fancy bottles.

If the OP wants to believe that then he has done all he can do. If you enjoy trying different waxes, then polish off the OC with a finishing polish and apply a sealant topped by a nice looking wax, like Fuzion or Souverän.

If its looks you want, you won't be disappointed, assuming you paint is corrected. Or, if you believe all wax is the same, then check out Turtle Wax, its got a very low price.

Williammm
05-26-2013, 08:39 AM
My ride is white in colour. Which is the most suitable wax to give a deep gloss like those wet oil look?

If there are scratch or swirl marks on my OC, how can i polish it off?

Btw, there are swirls mark on my gloss plastic panel, how can i polish it off?

FUNX650
05-26-2013, 09:35 AM
My ride currently is opti-guarded.

I've been thru "Junkman" video and i realised (correct me if i'm wrong)
that basically the shine comes from the perfection of clear coat.

Is it a waste of effort that i try to perfect the already sealed clear coat?

^^^Shouldn't your clear-coat have been "perfected" before it was sealed by the Opti-Gard?^^^ :dunno:

I currently obsessed by what of the members here are achieving, the high gloss and shine.

Just my opinion...But:

If you're not satisfied with the product (Opti-Gard) that's currently providing protection
(said to be among the very, very best) for your vehicle's CC paint-film...

You have several options, one of which is the removal of the Opti-Gard Coating, and replacing it
with other protection-products such as waxes, sealants, or even other "Coatings".

I live in a tropical country and it's burning every morning and raining almost every late noon.
Which is the most suitable procedure/product i can use to achieve the deepest gloss, wet look on my ride?
Personally...
If I lived in your particular clime, I'd 'stick' with the Opti-Gard Coating,
instead of perhaps taking the chance that other "types" of protection-products,
(which, and among themselves), may become 'sticky', as it were.

(Again, just my opinion)
Your choice:
Longer-term Protection vs. Fleetingly-Short-Lived (and often just alleged) "Good/Better Looks"

:)

Bob

slimnib
05-26-2013, 09:52 AM
I agree. Some people have convinced themselves all wax is the the same and there is some world wide conspiracy to sell us $10 waxes in fancy bottles.

If the OP wants to believe that then he has done all he can do. If you enjoy trying different waxes, then polish off the OC with a finishing polish and apply a sealant topped by a nice looking wax, like Fuzion or Souverän.

If its looks you want, you won't be disappointed, assuming you paint is corrected. Or, if you believe all wax is the same, then check out Turtle Wax, its got a very low price.

It is the oppostie way around. some people have convinced themselves that car wax is really worth $50 +++++++++.

Whatever rings your bell.

Williammm
05-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Don't get me wrong, i still like the OC. The car was done properly and OC-ed. I'm just looking for ways to "enhance" the gloss.

hernandez.art13
05-26-2013, 10:49 AM
If your paint is already perfected:(congrats by the way!)

Couldn't you apply some glaze on small test spot area (that gets sun) to see how it looks? And once it is cured could you not apply a thin coat of wax? To see how it turns out? (For experimentation purposes?)

And is topping to much wax a bad thing?

(I'm the nerdy kid asking a bunch of questions and participating)

hernandez.art13
05-26-2013, 11:36 AM
If your paint is already perfected:(congrats by the way!)

Couldn't you apply some glaze on small test spot area (that gets sun) to see how it looks? And once it is cured could you not apply a thin coat of wax? To see how it turns out? (For experimentation purposes?)

And is topping to much wax a bad thing?

(I'm the nerdy kid asking a bunch of questions and participating)

Was supposed to be a smiley face not a sad face

FUNX650
05-26-2013, 12:54 PM
Don't get me wrong, i still like the OC.
The car was done properly and OC-ed.
I'm just looking for ways to "enhance" the gloss.
OH, OK...
I must have misunderstood your original posting.

Then...
To eliminate any guesswork on my part of what "gloss-enhancing" products would/will be best for 'topping' a
film-layer of Opti-Gard, I shall suggest that you use the below link to contact one of the Optimum Coatings experts:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/chris-optimum.html

:)

Bob

the deta
05-26-2013, 04:03 PM
Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealent is well worth it and produces in most all cases outstanding gloss depth and shine but to answer the question "is it a waste of time" again not if thats what your after however it was never quite described whats the condition of the paint as it sits now?

WRXINXS
05-27-2013, 07:29 AM
Don't get me wrong, i still like the OC. The car was done properly and OC-ed. I'm just looking for ways to "enhance" the gloss.

Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer Quick Detail Spray, opt quick detailer, spray detailer, waterless wash, instant detail spray (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-instant-detailer-32oz.html)

Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer Quick Detail Spray, instant detail spray, spray detailer, waterless wash, opt quick detailer (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-instant-detailer-17oz.html)

Great product, low price, smells great. Awesome Opti-Guard/Coat topper!!

Might be what you are looking for to enhance gloss, add slickness, and add some Flouropolymer protection (Not that Opti-Guard/Coat needs any additional protection lol!)

Drew

Williammm
05-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Yup i bought this and the Optimum Car Wax.
Both are good!

Will apply the Natty's Red wax give me the gloss and wet look that i'm after?

jlax2485
05-27-2013, 11:20 AM
My pearl-white WRX is opti-coated and I frequently top with different waxes and sealants. My three favorites so far:

1. Dodo Juice white diamond hard wax. Really deep, wet, warm gloss and allows the pearl flake to really pop.

2. Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant. By far the slickest I have ever used, and gives really deep gloss. More like a candy-coating.

3. Pinnacle liquid souverain. Deep gloss, easiest to apply in a thin film of the three.