PDA

View Full Version : My frist detiling experience - need advice

sympley
05-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Hello,

Finished by first ever detiling using the Porter Cable buffer and the Edge 2000 pad system. Unfrotunately after doing it all I still have spider webs and swirl marks. I used the Mothers 3 step process, 1st pre-wax cleaner, 2nd polish and glaze, and 3rd was carnoubia was.

1st step, pre-wax cleaner, I used the blue pad.
2nd step, polish and glaze, I used the white pad,
3rd step, wax, I used the red pad.

No luck removing the swirls.

I have purchased Mothers swirl remover but I am not sure if it is safe to use with the edge pads? Do you guys thing I could use this Mothers swirl remover with the pads or should I stick to hand application only. The directions on tha back of the bottle say to use hand application, and only on affected areas, however my whole car is affectred???
If I use it with the orange pad will it be too agressive or will I be OK?

Surfer
05-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Pick up a good polish from any of the AG stuff, Optimum/Menzerna/XMT etc. I personally love Optimum polish and compound. But will buy some Menzerna next.

Cleaner products don't do much for swirls, moreso the pad itself. And I don't know how Mothers step 2 polish is in their 3 step system. With the PC and any polish, speed 5-6 moving about 1" per second with overlapping passes...PC doesn't break down product like a rotary.

tinctorus
05-28-2007, 01:15 PM
Pick up a good polish from any of the AG stuff, Optimum/Menzerna/XMT etc. I personally love Optimum polish and compound. But will buy some Menzerna next.

Cleaner products don't do much for swirls, moreso the pad itself. And I don't know how Mothers step 2 polish is in their 3 step system. With the PC and any polish, speed 5-6 moving about 1" per second with overlapping passes...PC doesn't break down product like a rotary.
are you surferx from srtforums>????

Surfer
05-28-2007, 01:20 PM
are you surferx from srtforums>????no...lol