PDA

View Full Version : And here I thought my car was clean........Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion

civdiv99
05-25-2013, 08:56 PM
Working in shade so these pics from my tablet are not real bright. I had clayed the car last night, and it stayed garaged, and I went over it again with QD before the Pinnacle, and I still got this result on the pads.

This is a garage kept, and usually covered, car, so I sure didn't expect this. Kinda cool to see something vs. just nothing much (which is what I kinda expected).

First time using this product, and I'm not real clear on how much to use. Since this is a cleaning product, I was thinking that an approach similar to "money theory" would be good: That is, "A little more than you need is way better than having a little less than you need." Yes? No? Maybe?

I also noticed it's quick to sling if you are not stingy with the product, too. I used this on speed 4 on my GG 6, using the 6.5" LC pads visible in pics.

This was done specifically in preparation for follow up with BFWD.

Pics:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sproketser
05-25-2013, 08:59 PM
Gee , it never showed up before right !

ComradeGrumbles
05-25-2013, 09:05 PM
I recently did my red mica Mazda 3 with Pinnacle's Paintwork Cleansing Lotion. I used a blue finessing pad on my GG DA at speed 2.

My philosophy is that this product needs to be worked slowly like a Glaze. That slow speed takes time, but it also really eliminates slinging.

I can't say that my pads looked anything like this... but, if it's the first time your doing this, then I guess I can understand. Although, this still seems a bit odd. I'm curious to see what other people say.

My blue finessing pad turned white-ish blue from the lotion after a few panels, but I didn't see any dark residue. That was after one wash and immediately after a clay bar. I used Meguiar's old fashioned quick detailer in the red bottle just after the clay bar to remove clay residue. Other than that, nothing else touched the paint before I hit it with the lotion.

mwoolfso
05-25-2013, 09:14 PM
I will typically apply these pre-wax cleaners with a microfiber applicator pad rather than use a DA. When I did my car last year with the same product I was amazed at what it picked up; I brought two yellow applicator pads to a dark grey. Amazing.

civdiv99
05-25-2013, 09:48 PM
First time doing anything other than gentle washing over the 2 years. I did have a carnauba wax on it, the removal of which (whatever may have been still there) was my goal in using this product before applying sealant.

I can't say that my pads looked anything like this... but, if it's the first time your doing this, then I guess I can understand. Although, this still seems a bit odd. I'm curious to see what other people say.

My blue finessing pad turned white-ish blue from the lotion after a few panels, but I didn't see any dark residue. That was after one wash and immediately after a clay bar. I used Meguiar's old fashioned quick detailer in the red bottle just after the clay bar to remove clay residue. Other than that, nothing else touched the paint before I hit it with the lotion.

Phathooddetail
05-25-2013, 10:27 PM
I've used Pinnacle's Paintwork Cleansing Lotion with great results. Not only is it a finishing glaze but it is also a chemical cleaner polish and not a lot of people realize how valuable having a chemical polish is until the end result and you can see how clear the flakes or pearls are on vehicle. Believe it or not it really does make a difference.

Wheelzntoys
05-26-2013, 12:17 AM
Embedded dirt.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/56794-how-remove-stains-embedded-dirt-out-paint.html

hernandez.art13
05-26-2013, 12:19 AM
What color is the product? (when it is taken out of the bottle)

BobbyG
05-26-2013, 05:40 AM
Pinnacle does offer some very nice products that will help your paint look its best and keep it looking great for years to come. :props:

While new cars and trucks are susceptible to environmental pollutants I'm really surprised at the color of the pad. Embedded particulates are common even with a new finish because the sit outside for quite some time before they're actually in the customers hands.

After a through washing it's not uncommon to see this amount of embedded debris removed from a new car finish. This is an example of a can only 3 months old....

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Clay-01.jpg

Your car looks very new and appears to be a silvery gray Camaro.

Chevrolet and other manufactures commonly tint their clear coats to give a different appearance to the overall color of the finish. My Z06 Corvette is a perfect example of a tinted clear. What you might be seeing is a little of that tint transferred to the foam pad during the process.....possibly

sproketser
05-26-2013, 06:44 AM
Pinnacle does offer some very nice products that will help your paint look its best and keep it looking great for years to come. :props:

While new cars and trucks are susceptible to environmental pollutants I'm really surprised at the color of the pad. Embedded particulates are common even with a new finish because the sit outside for quite some time before they're actually in the customers hands.

After a through washing it's not uncommon to see this amount of embedded debris removed from a new car finish. This is an example of a can only 3 months old....

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Clay-01.jpg

Your car looks very new and appears to be a silvery gray Camaro.

Chevrolet and other manufactures commonly tint their clear coats to give a different appearance to the overall color of the finish. My Z06 Corvette is a perfect example of a tinted clear. What you might be seeing is a little of that tint transferred to the foam pad during the process.....possibly

Gee , always needs some detailing right ! Even on new rides .

ScottB
05-26-2013, 09:47 AM
It is indeed amazing what Iron-X, Clay, and paint cleaners can pull off of a cars finish. Showing each step is valid especially on neglected vehicles.