PDA

View Full Version : Auto Armor

AeroCleanse
05-25-2013, 06:49 PM
Anyone heard of this stuff? The dealer I work at uses it, claims its very expensive.

RTexasF
05-25-2013, 07:10 PM
It is a high markup paint sealant and fabric protection. Pure profit center and, as a rule, worth less than 10% of what a dealer charges. It's nothing special.

FUNX650
05-25-2013, 07:20 PM
Anyone heard of this stuff? The dealer I work at uses it, claims its very expensive.
Hi AeroCleanse...Hope your new job at this dealership is going great for you!!

RE: AutoArmor...
Don't tell me this dealership applied sealant scam is still going on!!!
(I first heard of this around 7 years ago.)

Expensive? According to the terms back then...Yes.
Claims of ~$150.00 per bottle for this sealant...
~$600-$800 cost to the Pigeon...errrr....Customer.

IMHO...
Might as well put this in:
Flim-Flam-File #13...alongside PermaPlate, Xzilon, Simoniz 5...and the rest of their ilk.

But you might as well keep your nose clean:
Don't tell the dealership personnel I said so.

:)

Bob

AeroCleanse
05-25-2013, 08:55 PM
I don't know if its a scam or not as I don't know what they charge the customer. Well the price has come down I guess, now I hear its only $80 a bottle.

Its says "For professional application only", which means spread it out with one of those microfiber wax applicators then buff off like any wax.

The compound they use has almost no cut, not sure if thats because the product isn't the best or because the stuff sat unused for well over a year. One of the products (not sure which one) has separated. I'll have to see if a new batch is any better or if I need to spend my own money and buy a good compound / polish.